Name of boutique.

normanmarina

I think it was called "Pippy's". used to get my stuff there as well, Brilliant shop

anyone remember when there was an interview with the owner in the Guardian? He obviously didnt think any of his customers would be reading such a paper - he wasnt too complementary about the folk who went in the shop!

anyone remember when there was an interview with the owner in the Guardian? He obviously didnt think any of his customers would be reading such a paper - he wasnt too complementary about the folk who went in the shop!

I think 'Pippys' is the one,as regards the owners comments in the paper,perhaps he'd seen me!!

Or Sexy Rexy's, that was'nt far away.
Sexy Rexy's was in the same place (41 Cambridge Street) at one time. Maybe they moved in when Pippy's moved out or vice-versa. The 1973 directory shows "Pippys Boutique" at No 41 Cambridge Street, with "Paul Rex, boutique" (i.e. Sexy Rexy) nearby at the corner of Pinstone Street..:)

Hi. Does anyone remember lift up your skirts and fly boutique. It was about whether the Nero cafe is opposite peace gardens

I remember it well!It was owned by Roger Howe,who was a friend of Pete Stringfellow & stocked wonderful Ossie Clarke clothes.I went out with Roger a couple of times,he was agreat dancer (and I got discount!)The shop's name came from a record called "Desdemona" by a group called John's Children.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived