Argos 3year guarantee.

Bought a Kenwood mixer from Argos in November 11and took out the 3yr guarantee,it packed up this morning.Hubby took it back this morning didn't have the same model so it cost £40 for another one also had to take 3yr guarantee on this one £33.99.Feel i've been ripped off any help would be appreciated if any one knows the ins and outs.Thanks

Bought a Kenwood mixer from Argos in November 11and took out the 3yr guarantee,it packed up this morning.Hubby took it back this morning didn't have the same model so it cost £40 for another one also had to take 3yr guarantee on this one £33.99.Feel i've been ripped off any help would be appreciated if any one knows the ins and outs.Thanks

You paid £33.99 to guarantee an item costing £40?

The manufacturer's guarantee lasts 12 months anyway so you're only getting an additional 24 months.

Let me get this right, you bought a mixer for £40 and paid £33.99 for a guarantee:huh:

Any item replaced under an extra g/t normally makes the extra period left void as you have claimed under the terms. Unfortunately many places do not explain this when you purchase their extra g/t.

That's what they told my hubby,but a few yrs ago we bought a telly from panasonic with 5yrs warranty broke after 3yrs got the newer model at no extra cost to us and still left me my guarantee with 2 yrs left on it so obviously i thought that was the rule.

---------- Post added 24-02-2013 at 18:39 ----------

You paid £33.99 to guarantee an item costing £40?

The manufacturer's guarantee lasts 12 months anyway so you're only getting an additional 24 months.

no paid £40 because they didn't have the model i returned, so had to have a dearer one the £40 was the difference in price.Plus it lasted 15 month so if i hadn't taken extra warranty it would have cost me £200 plus.

I bought a mini fridge and took out a 3 year replacement cover, broke after 2 1/2 years, went back and got a replacement, the item had gone up, but they didn't charge any extra. Same with a TV, just let me choose a replacement for the value of the one I had to return. Never had a problem.

I bought a mini fridge and took out a 3 year replacement cover, broke after 2 1/2 years, went back and got a replacement, the item had gone up, but they didn't charge any extra. Same with a TV, just let me choose a replacement for the value of the one I had to return. Never had a problem.

Didn't have one for the same price,only a cheaper one which i didn't want.

Archived