Argos 3year guarantee.

Quote;

"also had to take 3yr guarantee on this one £33.99"

Are you sure you had to take out another guarantee as they are extra and not compulsory.

No i didn't HAVE to,but it's lesser of 2 evils,as i said it would have cost me £200plus with out insurance after 12mths.So last one lasted 15 mths.Anyway thanks for your input everyone.

No i didn't HAVE to,but it's lesser of 2 evils,as i said it would have cost me £200plus with out insurance after 12mths.So last one lasted 15 mths.Anyway thanks for your input everyone.

If a £200 electrical item packs in after 15 months you have every right to claim repair/refund without any additional warranty.

You are throwing your money away.

Hi

The 12 month G/T is a load of rubbish, in law something that you bought should be fit for purpose and last a reasonable length of time, A £200 kenwood mixer should last more than 15 months, To be quit frank you have well and truly been done. Seriously

Quote:

Originally Posted by rf2690

Hi

The 12 month G/T is a load of rubbish, in law something that you bought should be fit for purpose and last a reasonable length of time, A £200 kenwood mixer should last more than 15 months, To be quit frank you have well and truly been done. Seriously

totally correct you should have done an lba, if you Didnt get su cess with that then sue.

why are people so gullable

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Surely the sale of goods stuff is relevant here?

It may be too late this time but for future reference keep in mind whatever you buy should last a reasonable length of time.

Don't be put off by thinking claiming on an extended warranty is less hassle than using your statutory rights. I have used my statutory rights to get a refund from PC World on an out of warranty pc and it was no different to claiming on warranty.

I think they hoodwink us into believing the warranties are in our best interest and not just a cash cow for them.

To be honest, I wouldn't touch anything ever again, made by Kenwood. I had a problem with a blender, sent it back to the manufacturers for them to 'carry out tests'. Eventually they replied, saying I was using it wrongly. They didn't even 'bother' to return the item to me, despite several letters of complaint.

Archived