Argos 3year guarantee.

Surely the sale of goods stuff is relevant here?

It may be too late this time but for future reference keep in mind whatever you buy should last a reasonable length of time.

Don't be put off by thinking claiming on an extended warranty is less hassle than using your statutory rights. I have used my statutory rights to get a refund from PC World on an out of warranty pc and it was no different to claiming on warranty.

I think they hoodwink us into believing the warranties are in our best interest and not just a cash cow for them.

The sale of goods "stuff" is very relevant here.

To be honest, I wouldn't touch anything ever again, made by Kenwood. I had a problem with a blender, sent it back to the manufacturers for them to 'carry out tests'. Eventually they replied, saying I was using it wrongly. They didn't even 'bother' to return the item to me, despite several letters of complaint.

consumers really need to know their rights before entering into long and expensive extended warranties.

See:- http://whatconsumer.co.uk/extended-warranties/

Archived