Darts in Sheffield

JR131290

I've been playing darts for quite abit now but struggle to find any competitive chances. Anyone know of the best way to get into competitive darts? Play socially at the pub and at Rileys but other than that there are barely any tournaments about and don't know about if Sheffield has a darts league or anything!

• 1 month later...

Sheffield has a very good league on a Thursday night - Mag 7.

Quite a few teams probably would appreciate a new player.

It all depends which area of Sheffield you are in and how far you would be willing to travel.

Which Rileys do you play in ?

• 1 month later...

Only just joined forum so not sure if this is right place tou put this.

Is there any dart teams in S6 area looking for players. Been playing a while but not brill. Moved to S6 a few years ago from Stocksbridge where I used to play for the Pen Nook in the old Penistone league.

That team disbanded and I gave up playing. Had a go again last year at Bradford Darts Promotions tourney. That is a brill setup but it is based in Leeds/Bradford area so bit of travelling to get knocked out first round! :D

Again I have picked up the arrows and go to my mates house at Deepcar for a few legs but miss the competitive side.

Any suggestions would be greatly received. Thanks

Is there any dart teams in S6 area looking for players. Been playing a while but not brill. Moved to S6 a few years ago from Stocksbridge where I used to play for the Pen Nook in the old Penistone league.

That team disbanded and I gave up playing. Had a go again last year at Bradford Darts Promotions tourney. That is a brill setup but it is based in Leeds/Bradford area so bit of travelling to get knocked out first round! :D

Again I have picked up the arrows and go to my mates house at Deepcar for a few legs but miss the competitive side.

There is a comp at Rileys in Sharrow this coming Friday.

Hi Fling

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately can't make it this Friday. Are they a regular event and do you have any details or website link I can go to please.

Cheers for any help

Bob

• 1 month later...

hi guys,the biggest league in south yorkshire has around 20 teams and is called the mag7 league(teams can travel quite far) and it is played on thursday nights and the presentation is on july 4th and the AGM is on the 18th july with an expected start date for around mid august as the league last around 11 months a year,also the park league(all teams within a 3 mile radius of the town centre) is starting back up on a tuesday and that league will have the biggest payour in any league in south yorkshire and that will start around september/october

they both have websites and both have facebook accounts too

• 2 years later...

If you're still looking for a team. Hillsborough Club, Bradfield Road are still wanting players for a new team.