Weird and bizarre hobbies

I run a Series 2 LandRover

First of all, this post isn't meant to be argumentative.

What do you see in land rovers ? They appear over priced (I've seen 20 year old ones in eBay for 5k !!) loud, uncomfortable (well were when I travelled in one many years ago) and aren't that reliable. My mate positively lusts after one, and considering what else is out there I don't understand why.

First of all, this post isn't meant to be argumentative.

What do you see in land rovers ? They appear over priced (I've seen 20 year old ones in eBay for 5k !!) loud, uncomfortable (well were when I travelled in one many years ago) and aren't that reliable. My mate positively lusts after one, and considering what else is out there I don't understand why.

+1 for that. When I was looking for my current 4x4 I explored Land Rovers/Range Rovers etc, and at 6ft 4in tall, the seats would not go back far enough for comfort.

I collect arcade cabinets and games. The big arcade games you used to find in pubs and chip shops (and just about everywhere else, back in their heydays). These (though I sold that particular one this weekend).

Though, in terms of "collection", I'm temporarily down to 1 cab atm (had to make room for two incoming 'larger' others, both Sega).

But still with a dozen choice game boards in hand, and another 18 or so to go for completing my 'want list'.

That wacky/original/unconventional enough? :D

LandRovers.... It is the Meccano mentality, basic engineering, British built, nuts and bolts stuff, a really friendly members club, where we can all complain of the cold, the draughts, the noise, vibration, hard seats.... , but we all wave to fellow owners we see driving along. I have an equally uncomfortable car too, same sort of thing. Mind you, sometimes I am glad of an anonymous characterless eurobox that has a heater!

I collect arcade cabinets and games. The big arcade games you used to find in pubs and chip shops (and just about everywhere else, back in their heydays). These (though I sold that particular one this weekend).

Though, in terms of "collection", I'm temporarily down to 1 cab atm (had to make room for two incoming 'larger' others, both Sega).

But still with a dozen choice game boards in hand, and another 18 or so to go for completing my 'want list'.

That wacky/original/unconventional enough? :D

That's not original, one of my neighbours also collects them, unless you are that neighbour. :)

LandRovers.... It is the Meccano mentality, basic engineering, British built, nuts and bolts stuff, a really friendly members club, where we can all complain of the cold, the draughts, the noise, vibration, hard seats.... , but we all wave to fellow owners we see driving along. I have an equally uncomfortable car too, same sort of thing. Mind you, sometimes I am glad of an anonymous characterless eurobox that has a heater!

Thankyou, I can see the logic a bit more now. I would buy the best hilux I could afford - it want to stop, go and keep me warm in relative comfort. If it breaks I'd take it down the menders. My mate would fix his vehicle and is highly suspicious of garages !!!

That's not original, one of my neighbours also collects them, unless you are that neighbour. :)
Well, if you live in Worksop, Hi Lee/Steve :wave: Otherwise, no I'm not! :hihi:

(...though I might know him from another forum, in that case)

More original than stamps, anyhow :P

Archived