Charges brought against posters of 'Venables' and 'Thompson' images.

Do you believe that all that breach a Court Order should be prosecuted, or are we just talking about the specifics in this case?

IMO all breaches should be prosecuted as a matter of course.

---------- Post added 25-02-2013 at 22:33 ----------

Identifying them is clearly in breach of the court, but I see a possible problem. What happens if someone identifies someone who turns out to be an innocent person? Are they still in contempt? This seems perverse. How can you be in contmpt of court by naming someone who is not actually identified as such by the courts. However, if these false identifications are not punished, then it would be clear that any cases that go to court MUST be about the real Thompson & Venables, thus identifying them even further.

IMO all breaches should be prosecuted as a matter of course.

---------- Post added 25-02-2013 at 22:33 ----------

Identifying them is clearly in breach of the court, but I see a possible problem. What happens if someone identifies someone who turns out to be an innocent person? Are they still in contempt? This seems perverse. How can you be in contmpt of court by naming someone who is not actually identified as such by the courts. However, if these false identifications are not punished, then it would be clear that any cases that go to court MUST be about the real Thompson & Venables, thus identifying them even further.

If you bought some drugs believing them to be class A drugs and they was really crushed paracetamol you would still be charged with posession of class A drugs if caught by the police as you believed them to be class A drugs.

Same principle with this case.

These were ten year old kids. They did something evil. Does that make them evil? I don't know. I do not have enough knowledge of them as they are now. Neither does anyone else except those in a position to make the decisions.

A ten year old knows the difference between right and wrong.

The crime they did on that poor little boy was brutal.

Venables is back behind bars, been denied parole and its because he is a danger to himself and the public.

He had his chance to make a new life and blew it.

He doesn't deserve a new identity.

Make their pictures known annually, save innocent people from being mistaken for the pair.

The justice system stinks. They didn't get long enough for what they did.

Its the little boys Mum and Dad that got the life sentence. My heart goes out to them.

If you bought some drugs believing them to be class A drugs and they was really crushed paracetamol you would still be charged with posession of class A drugs if caught by the police as you believed them to be class A drugs.

Same principle with this case.

Are you sure? TBH, I doubt that this would be the case. In effect, you're being charged with thinking you have broken the law, not actually breaking it.

A ten year old knows the difference between right and wrong.

The crime they did on that poor little boy was brutal.

Venables is back behind bars, been denied parole and its because he is a danger to himself and the public.

He had his chance to make a new life and blew it.

He doesn't deserve a new identity.

Make their pictures known annually, save innocent people from being mistaken for the pair.

The justice system stinks. They didn't get long enough for what they did.

Its the little boys Mum and Dad that got the life sentence. My heart goes out to them.

Very good post, I totally agree.

Archived