Charges brought against posters of 'Venables' and 'Thompson' images.

Are you sure? TBH, I doubt that this would be the case. In effect, you're being charged with thinking you have broken the law, not actually breaking it.

There was a case a few years ago where a gang had bought what they believed to be heroin to supply to a prison, the police had them under surveilance and got a conviction for conspiracy to supply class A even though the supplier had ripped them off and the substance was brick dust.

There was a case a few years ago where a gang had bought what they believed to be heroin to supply to a prison, the police had them under surveilance and got a conviction for conspiracy to supply class A even though the supplier had ripped them off and the substance was brick dust.

In this case the offence will have been the conspiracy to supply the drug and not possesion of a prohibited drug.

Yes, I can understand that. They were guilty of conspiracy. They were not guilty of having a Class A drug.

Edit. Oops, Harvey19 already said that.

Yes, I can understand that. They were guilty of conspiracy. They were not guilty of having a Class A drug.

Edit. Oops, Harvey19 already said that.

True. I'm not 100% whether they could be done for possesion but there have been cases where people have been done for supply (not conspiracy) of controlled drugs where the "drug" was not actually what they said it was so it's the same principle.

And I can think of no good reason why Venables should have yet ANOTHER new identity....

Its a simple answer. The main reason is that idiots keep posting pictures of him on social sites. If they didn't do that then no new identity would be needed so blame them as they are the ones causing the problem.

Its a simple answer. The main reason is that idiots keep posting pictures of him on social sites. If they didn't do that then no new identity would be needed so blame them as they are the ones causing the problem.

A couple of weeks ago I did a google search for these images and saw pictures of at least 6 adults who were supposed to be Venables or Thompson. All that will happen is that some innocent person will get murdered by the pitchfork and blazing torch brigade. I assume their defence will be that they murdered the innocent as a protest against the murder of the innocent.

If a 10 year old boy knows the difference between right and wrong, how many so many adults think it's okay to break the law and publish the supposed identities of these two?

The adults are idiots who have chosen to break the law. They know what they are doing. As did the two evil murderers Venables and Thompson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dromedary

A couple of weeks ago I did a google search for these images and saw pictures of at least 6 adults who were supposed to be Venables or Thompson. All that will happen is that some innocent person will get murdered by the pitchfork and blazing torch brigade. I assume their defence will be that they murdered the innocent as a protest against the murder of the innocent.

we have a lot of people who belong to the pitchfork and burning torch brigade in Sheffield. nothing better then a good outing of innocent people

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived