Charges brought against posters of 'Venables' and 'Thompson' images.

So you'd prefer to see the justice system give out more community sentences?

Because it would seem to contradict your earlier post

I agree, it's bout time punishment was punishment, the justice system in this country is a laughing stock the world over, we have people come here to commit crime because they get a better standard of living in prison than they would outside, and the same goes for our own British public.

Get rid of tvs and gyms and start chain gangs again, mAke them work outside the prison for the good of the communities they have been destroying and it will also save the tax payer millions each year, and employ thousands of people also, win win situation.

And how did you know this given that you don't read papers?

No like I said a chain gang, and less tvs and gyms, maybe even should have to work for their meals each day, IMO they gave up their human rights when they decided to commit the crime !

I watch the news and live my life I suppose, when you go outside and talk to people and not just sit In front of your computer trying to belittle people each day you learn things :)

Here you go love http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/nov/04/jail-less-effective-community-service

No I just know your a troll I haven't called anyone else a troll, and no first hand experience

Haven't you just kicked yourself in the foot with that one? All that proves is that your argument for more prison is a futile one..based on stats.

Not bad for someone who doesn't read the papers though.:hihi:

No like I said a chain gang, and less tvs and gyms, maybe even should have to work for their meals each day, IMO they gave up their human rights when they decided to commit the crime !

I watch the news and read on the internet and live my life I suppose, when you go outside and talk to people and not just sit In front of your computer trying to belittle people each day you learn things :)

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 16:27 ----------

Haven't you just kicked yourself in the foot with that one? All that proves is that your argument for more prison is a futile one..based on stats.

Not bad for someone who doesn't read the papers though.:hihi:

No because I said harder sentences didn't I, now scuttle off and hide again

I watch the news and read on the internet and live my life I suppose, when you go outside and talk to people and not just sit In front of your computer trying to belittle people each day you learn things :)

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 16:27 ----------

No because I said harder sentences didn't I, now scuttle off and hide again

Clearly you aren't really bothered about reducing reoffending rates then.

Clearly you aren't really bothered about reducing reoffending rates then.

Clearly I am and you post is pointless, if they have harder prison sentences in the first place its hardly likely to make them want to go back to prison is it :roll:

That's the point exactly our prison sentences are too easy that why they reoffend to go back because life in prison is very comfy for them.

Well done for adding another unthought post to the forum though halibut.

Clearly I am and you post is pointless, if they have harder prison sentences in the first place its hardly likely to make them want to go back to prison is it :roll:

That's the point exactly our prison sentences are too easy that why they reoffend to go back because life in prison is very comfy for them.

Well done for adding another unthought post to the forum though halibut.

You're completely wrong. The single most important factor in reducing reoffending is actually having a job to go to. There is solid evidence that this is the case.

The tired old notion that the way to cut crime is by making prisons as hellish as possible is exactly that - a tired old notion, a myth.

You're completely wrong. The single most important factor in reducing reoffending is actually having a job to go to. There is solid evidence that this is the case.

The tired old notion that the way to cut crime is by making prisons as hellish as possible is exactly that - a tired old notion, a myth.

Well I'm not completely wrong then am I, nowhere did I say make prison hell did I I simply said make prison harder for the very fact that these so called people committed a crime and they should have punishment for that crime not 3 square meals a day and a tv, their are hard working family's that don't even get that yet you can get it for being a criminal :confused: please explain where the rational thinking is in that ....

Now your shying away from the debate and trying to change the discussion, but I will agree with you their are many factors into rehabilitating offenders, but that's not what I was talking about I was talking about harder prison time, and the fact that life should mean life no ifs buts or maybes, if you murder someone you take someone's child and brutalise and murder them then why should you have another chance ?, that's person you murdered does not get another chance, their family does not get another chance to be with that person?

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 17:43 ----------

So will I need my pitchfork or not

Hold on I've just finished making some, now the torches

Can't go unprepared now can we :rolleyes:

Well I'm not completely wrong then am I, nowhere did I say make prison hell did I I simply said make prison harder for the very fact that these so called people committed a crime and they should have punishment for that crime not 3 square meals a day and a tv, their are hard working family's that don't even get that yet you can get it for being a criminal :confused: please explain where the rational thinking is in that ....

Now your shying away from the debate and trying to change the discussion, but I will agree with you their are many factors into rehabilitating offenders, but that's not what I was talking about I was talking about harder prison time, and the fact that life should mean life no ifs buts or maybes, if you murder someone you take someone's child and brutalise and murder them then why should you have another chance ?, that's person you murdered does not get another chance, their family does not get another chance to be with that person?

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 17:43 ----------

Hold on I've just finished making some, now the torches

Can't go unprepared now can we :rolleyes:

In this particular case, because the offenders were children when they killed.

The reality is that the great majority of murderers only ever kill once and that many of those can and do have the capacity to change and learn.

Sentencing needs to reflect this and give people the opportunity to rebuild their lives when they've served their time.

Archived