The crazy Daisy

I had my bachelor night and finished up in the crazy Daisy and, yes a fight broke out (myself involved ) I think the place was trashed because that was the last night Crazy Daizy opened and I got married with a black eye.It opened up as the geisha bar next time it opened.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember the Roxy Nights on a Wednesday? I was a big Roxy fan in 1975/6/7 - the Daisy's heyday! I used to go in Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays plus Saturday lunchtime - also sometimes popped in at lunchtime mid week!!!! I was 17 in 1975. We used to do the 'Roxy Dance' on the dancefloor which was like a stage, right next to the big loud speakers or we would dance at the top of the steps on the dance floor. Barley wine and black was the drink as I had no money (only needed one). Later on, progressed to Pink Panthers and coloured Cocktail Cigs (not that I really smoked), I thought I looked cool! lol. The DJ at the time was Spider. It changed when Punk came into fashion and the Limit took over as THE place. I was older and more sophisticated (!) by then and went to Josephines from then onwards and sometimes Faces.

Edited by brendanewsam
Missed something.

• 3 weeks later...
Just been reading Neil Anderson's superb book "Dirty Stopout" and guess what??

Daisy is spelt with a Z. Daizy. There are pictures to prove it

Crazy Daizy!!

Would you believe it??

It must have changed towards the end as I'm sure it was Daisy!

• 5 months later...
If they had ever had a fire there would have been carnage, as there was no fire exits, just the narrow staircase to High Street

Phil Oakey recruited the two girls in Crazy Daisey, when the the others went off to form Heaven 17. Martin Fry's sister just missed out

There was an Exit out the back onto York street, I was thrown out of it for fighting when i got my jaw broke by one of the bouncers.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone remember the Roxy Nights on a Wednesday? I was a big Roxy fan in 1975/6/7 - the Daisy's heyday! I used to go in Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays plus Saturday lunchtime - also sometimes popped in at lunchtime mid week!!!! I was 17 in 1975. We used to do the 'Roxy Dance' on the dancefloor which was like a stage, right next to the big loud speakers or we would dance at the top of the steps on the dance floor. Barley wine and black was the drink as I had no money (only needed one). Later on, progressed to Pink Panthers and coloured Cocktail Cigs (not that I really smoked), I thought I looked cool! lol. The DJ at the time was Spider. It changed when Punk came into fashion and the Limit took over as THE place. I was older and more sophisticated (!) by then and went to Josephines from then onwards and sometimes Faces.

White shirts woz the order of the day, used to go in every week with a mate called Mick Dunleavy, when punk started those white shirts suddenly started apearing with safety pins and little tears....