The crazy Daisy

Originally posted by cheeseeater

Can anyone remember the Crazy Daisyclub in the 70s?

I met my husband there 30 years ago on christmas eve!

I remember it well. Won a bottle of champagne on one of them crazy nights where the DJ was asking for certain items to win a prize. I was the first to give him a pair of underpants. If you search the forum you will find other posts about the Daisy and the Mucky Duck.

Yep, I remember the Crazy Daisys, i was there every saturday night among other nights in the 70s, great place, great times, great bunch of lads & lasses, it wasn't a dive when i was there, though i may have contributed to that image "the drunk in the corner" once went out with one of the bar maids Christine was her name, lovely lass, I have nothing but good memories of the place.

I have a vague memory of occasional short visits to the place, en route to other clubs. If I recall correctly [and I believe I do] in the early 80s the place was full of Sheffield men attempting to look like Bryan Ferry, dressed in box jackets and sporting hilarious pencil moustaches.

i remember it but ive never been in, was too young and i wasnt into "smoothy" music lol

in every bit of information about music in sheffield they always bring up the fact the human league met the girls in there who later joined the band, im fed up of hearing about that bit tbh :P

I finished my "bachelor night" off in the "Crazy Daisy" Unfortunately things got out of hand and the place got totally "wrecked"

It closed down after that night and re-opened as the "Geisha Bar " and I got married with the proverbial "Black eye"

My mum used to work @ the city hall in the late 70/80's & we used to wait for the bus outside the Daisey at night after she had been working on conserts, I used to think " that must be full of nutters, there was allways people coming out in nazi uniforms, some dressed in all black (now known as goths!)