Should Page 3 be banned?

Should Page 3 be banned?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should Page 3 be banned?

• Yes
    • No

Of all the things happening in this world that should genuinely concern people, too much is made of the trivialities of such, a pair of boobs or a million of pairs of boobs .... like buying the Sun, so what, who cares ...... move on !

I hate arguments like this. Really shallow dumb nonsense.

Here is something I don't care about.

Thus it is silly to care about it.

Thus, you are all silly.

Self regulation?? :hihi:

I don't expect the tabloid press to self-regulate any more than I expect them to actually run decent news stories or treat their readers like intelligent human beings, but I'd rather suggest that they might one day see the light than advocate censorship.

This is one of the reasons I'm not fully behind the "Ban Page 3" movement, as much as I agree.

A. Forcing the issue to the point of banning it is wrong.

B. Expecting this old fashioned idea to be dropped tomorrow is unrealistic.

I can even foresee the lower gutter press (Daily Star, Daily Sport) carrying it on for years further than The Sun will.

So ultimately, it should go away - but it won't.

I think it would be confusing if they banned page 3. However, I can see why some people would like them to stop featuring topless girls on page 3 - that's a totally different matter.

I like reading what the Page 3 girls have to say - some of them are really intelligent it seems.

Archived