Help with a company not fulfilling their warranty

nat85

I had a conservatory built in 2005 that came with a 10 year guarantee but I have been ringing him since August to replace 2 windows as the seals have gone and he still hasn't been....

Usual excuses like van broke down, glass not ready, service man hurt his ankle etc you get the picture!

Please help this is really stressing me out!

Thanks in advance

I had a conservatory built in 2005 that came with a 10 year guarantee but I have been ringing him since August to replace 2 windows as the seals have gone and he still hasn't been....

Usual excuses like van broke down, glass not ready, service man hurt his ankle etc you get the picture!

Thanks in advance

I would contact trading standards.

Do you have a hard copy of a watertight warranty?

If so, write to them (by recorded delivery) and keep a copy.

Explain the problem.

Refer in detail to the warranty and how it clearly says that they should fix the problem.

State clearly what you want them to do.

List (with dates) the calls that you have made to them already.

State that you want to fix the problem within 14 days and that failing that, you will seek remedy in the Small Claims Court.

Thanks in advance

Was the work done by a sole trader, a partnership, or a limited company?

Archived