Immigration put into perspective.

No, it's incorrect full stop. MrSmiths claim is plain wrong. Untrue. False.

You've made the top bit bold, so you must have some idea what I'm driving at. Are we the least equipped to deal with immigrants ? Of course not. Have we ample room and resources to deal with loads more ? No.

My statement is accurate but I would be happy to read the reasons you think it isn’t.

It's obviously blatantly false, but if you think I'm spending the next three hours pointing that out to a person with your laughable credentials you can boil your face for soup.

It's obviously blatantly false, but if you think I'm spending the next three hours pointing that out to a person with your laughable credentials you can boil your face for soup.

If you don't want to have a discussion about it why post anything at all, people will think you are just trolling again.

You've made the top bit bold, so you must have some idea what I'm driving at. Are we the least equipped to deal with immigrants ? Of course not. Have we ample room and resources to deal with loads more ? No.

The statement, made as it was without any qualifiers is clearly wrong - MrSmith states - ''when you take in to consideration the size and population of each country we are the country least able to absorb them.''

He says 'each country'. Without qualification. Therefore he is referring to each country in the world. Since there are quite plainly many countries less well equipped to accommodate immigration than we are his statement is obviously false.

If he meant something else, he should have said something else. If he now realises that without qualifying statements the statement is false he should say that and add qualifying statements to explain what he really means.

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 18:33 ----------

If you don't want to have a discussion about it why post anything at all, people will think you are just trolling again.

Given that your statement is self evidently false - see my explanation above in response to tinfoilhat - it's much more likely that people will assume that you are trolling again.

He says 'each country'. Without qualification. Therefore he is referring to each country in the world. Since there are quite plainly many countries less well equipped to accommodate immigration than we are his statement is obviously false.

There's your error, there is a topic and an OP and they give context to the posts that follow.

Context

The circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.

The parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning.

Archived