BBC accused of terrorist activity in UK court by conspiracy theorist

From the news footage (with timestamp) that I've seen, the BBC categorically state, twice, that WTC 7 "has collapsed" nearly 30 minutes before the actual time the catastrophic collapse was recorded.

So that bit is substantiated at least AFAIC.

Assuming their reporters are not clairvoyant, there are a number of plausible and implausible explanations for this.

The BBCs explanation and admission it has "lost" the footage does strike me as implausible.

The BBCs explanation and admission it has "lost" the footage does strike me as implausible.

I would tend to agree - however this falls a long way short of any evidence for any planned demolition of WTC7 (which is effectively what the defendant in the case in the OP is saying).

From the news footage (with timestamp) that I've seen, the BBC categorically state, twice, that WTC 7 "has collapsed" nearly 30 minutes before the actual time the catastrophic collapse was recorded.

So that bit is substantiated at least AFAIC.

Assuming their reporters are not clairvoyant, there are a number of plausible and implausible explanations for this.

The tapes did turn up eventually. Put on the wrong shelf or something.

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 21:49 ----------

I would tend to agree - however this falls a long way short of any evidence for any planned demolition of WTC7 (which is effectively what the defendant in the case in the OP is saying).

No way on earth could anyone predict a total collapse of the building unless it was a planned demolition.

Someone had foreknowledge , and not just the source at Reuters.

Insider trading previous to 9/11 also indicates people knew what was going to happen.

The tapes did turn up eventually. Put on the wrong shelf or something.

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 21:49 ----------

No way on earth could anyone predict a total collapse of the building unless it was a planned demolition.

Someone had foreknowledge , and not just the source at Reuters.

Like I said the firemen had foreknowledge - experienced firefighters at the scene had noticed the building had sustained damage, had flashover fires, was bulging and was, in their opinion, in danger of collapse. They withdrew and established a cordon - even though that meant calling off the search for their fallen brothers in the debris of the twin towers.

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 22:17 ----------

And all these people, just conspiracy nutters??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUHKTClcPg0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Quite probably - just like the ones on the DIF I linked to earlier.

****-up is always more likely than conspiracy. This was the busiest day in the history of the 24 hour rolling news channels, the offices at the BBC will have been as hectic as they have ever been, is it really that far-fetched to suggest it was a mistake?

****-up is always more likely than conspiracy. This was the busiest day in the history of the 24 hour rolling news channels, the offices at the BBC will have been as hectic as they have ever been, is it really that far-fetched to suggest it was a mistake?

It always amuses me the CT's always seem to have an all powerful organisation capable of carrying out nefarious plots involving thousands of people but leave clues only capable of being spotted by devotees of youtube.

It always amuses me the CT's always seem to have an all powerful organisation capable of carrying out nefarious plots involving thousands of people but leave clues only capable of being spotted by devotees of youtube.

Quite. We would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky "anorak wearing middle aged blokes who still live with your mum!"

Archived