I am looking for my dream wedding venue but alot are way to expensive :(

I am a bit particular about what I want, here is what im looking for -

Period property (hall, priory etc) with lots of character - very important

must have bedrooms on site

need 1 room for ceremony and 1 for wedding breakfast & evening

gardens

no marquees - must be inside

bedrooms must be up to a high standard in terms of decor etc

about an hours drive (max) from sheffield in any direction. we are looking for about 60 guests for daytime and then more for evening.

my dream venue is hassop hall but they are very expensive and you must have 100 guests minimum :confused:

also looked at whitley hall, stubton hall and shottle hall all of which i like. wortley hall is also a maybe but not sure on standard of bedrooms

have i missed any?

hodsock is lovely but to expensive at around 10k.

will check out thoresby hall :)

I know, weddings never have been cheap. Ours was a long time ago but we had to make compromises and it still cost us the equivalent of a years salary. We split the cost three ways, us and both sets of parents. To cut down on costs we got married later and only had one meal. We got married at 5pm so we finished the coffee after the meal and the evening disco started. The tables were set out in a horseshoe shape round the room with a traditional top table. We did this so the tables didn't need to be moved after the meal. It was nice because there was no lull between the day and evening do, no need to feed people twice. In hindsight I think 4pm would have been a better time to get married. Perhaps it might be worth considering?

Alternatively, why not get married mid week and negotiate a discount for midweek?

we have narrowed it down to van dyks hotel, mosborough hall and possbily whitley hall (need to confirm prices). Everything else has been to expensive at about 8k upwards which is out of our price range.

has anyone been to any of the above?

thanks

im now looking in to venues where you have a marquee for the reception as now we only have 1 venue on our list.

i would still like it to be a country house/hall type place and for the ceremony to be inside. however we will look into having a marquee on the grounds for the reception

any ideas?

Archived