Honesty is the best policy - homeless man reaps the awards

*ash* yes i read the Times report also. The spokeswomen for the charity said something like 'it would have been so much better if the money had been given to a charity, we could have done more with it'.

My thought being 'yes, you could have carved off about 50% for your expenses to start with'.

Good luck to the guy, he might be down & out but he showed character hope he enjoys his reward.

Well said, there; I though that too!

So good for the poor but honest man- how few there seem to be nowadays- and shame on the charity worker parasite.

The Times report also included the following quote from him,

“I don’t deserve it. What I actually feel is, ‘What is the world coming to when a person returns something that doesn’t belong to him and all this happens?’ ”

sums it up nicely i think

and the homeless charity woman was quoted as saying

“With $145,000 we could fund 10-20 people in apartments for six months,”

apart from the fact that she's a bit uncertain on the numbers - what she didn't say is what happens when the money runs out after 6 months

The Times report also included the following quote from him,

“I don’t deserve it. What I actually feel is, ‘What is the world coming to when a person returns something that doesn’t belong to him and all this happens?’ ”

sums it up nicely i think

and the homeless charity woman was quoted as saying

“With $145,000 we could fund 10-20 people in apartments for six months,”

apart from the fact that she's a bit uncertain on the numbers - what she didn't say is what happens when the money runs out after 6 months

I would assume that after 6 months your life could be turned around to the point of continuing without the reliance of the charity...most people can't move forward simply because of a "no fixed abode" situation.

---------- Post added 27-02-2013 at 11:38 ----------

This being Sheffield Forum, I'm just waiting for some know it all to come on here & slag him off for being homeless:roll:

That being the case then you ignore.

The Times version includes a charity who says this money should be put to good use for other people in poverty.

Why don't they start a similar campaign then online? Stupid tossers.

It was set up for him, and I hope he enjoys it. It's his, he can pee it up the wall, invest it, give it away. His choice.

A bit of a cheap shot from the lady.

Fair play to him, he did the right thing and now has the chance to turn his life around.

Archived