Self Cleaning Ovens

Hello, I was wondering if self cleaning cookers exist in this country, from viewing various videos on YouTube how to clean the damn things they are all American videos, meaning they mite not be available here. I am looking for an electric cooker with an induction hob.

Everything is a trade off. I have a Fagor self cleaning oven. When set to self clean the oven seals itself ,heats up to around 500C and unlocks about 2 hours later.

There is a white powder in the bottom that can be swept out. It works OK.

The induction hob also works well and can be cleaned with a wipe, but I still prefer the Aga in the old kitchen.

Pyrolytic liners are self cleaning (but the bottom and racks still need doing by hand). Our's is a Bosch and was on offer in John Lewis at the time

Some ovens steam clean themselves - presumably steam ovens

Difference between hobs - I suspect induction are cheaper to run. They require specific pans to work (so may be further expense if your current ones aren't suitable). You can't burn yourself on an induction hob

Oven - conventional = heat only. Fan= forced heat, heats food quicker and more efficiently. Ours has options for fan/conventional. Multifunction - check the small print (manufacturer's site is most accurate), but can include bake (bottom heat only), grill, fan, steam, conventional, microwave. Fan can defrost if you run it without heat. We abandoned the microwave when we bought ours and haven't missed it.

Catalytic liners I believe are similar to pyrolitic ones ( self cleaning), but check that. Easy clean enamel as far as I know is just enamel with some added sales words. It's easy clean if you choose the right product and a pair of rubber gloves

I think energy rating criteria changed, so I don't know if that's based on power consumption, or heat leakage

Archived