Oh no! I'm a binge drinker!

According to the government, people in the UK are actually drinking more alcohol than they admit to!

I know that I definitely drink more than their guidelines suggest, which officially makes me a binge drinker, even though I know for a fact that I'm fit and healthy.

According to the government, people in the UK are actually drinking more alcohol than they admit to!

I know that I definitely drink more than their guidelines suggest, which officially makes me a binge drinker, even though I know for a fact that I'm fit and healthy.

So long as you think so why worry?I know people who smoke 3 packs of cigs a a day and eat junk food and are enjoying their retirement-some as old as 80!

So long as you think so why worry?I know people who smoke 3 packs of cigs a a day and eat junk food and are enjoying their retirement-some as old as 80!

I only smoke 2, maybe 3 cigarettes a day. Sometimes more on a weekend.

I drink a good 2/3 bottles of wine a week though.

But I balance that out with a LOT of exercise. I run a good 20K every week, plus lots of gym in between.

But I balance that out with a LOT of exercise. I run a good 20K every week, plus lots of gym in between.

You would do better to run 20 miles and give up cigarettes,using the money saved for decent trainers.

Lightweight!

Not the Government, but University College London researchers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21586566

Sadie Boniface was discussing the research on the Today programme this morning. She said that anecdotally she knew of doctors that would "double up" the units that their patients admitted to because they already knew that people under declared. "Dammit", I thought to myself "I'm going to have to only admit to 25% of my real drinking now!"

Anyway, here's a picture of me and the missus at my 50th birthday recently. You can see that drinking has not effected our health one bit:

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/clar0841/psychblog/old%20couple.jpg

:hihi:

To be honest, I'm tired of listening to 'Government advisors' or 'Health Chiefs' bleating on about how this is bad for you and you should only drink that much blah blah blah!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I only need to be told once about the dangers and the recommended units per week. I don't need this continuing ridiculous school classroom style education about what I should do to stay healthy.

In case you are wondering, YES! I do drink much more than I'm advised I should! I could use a bit of exercise and smoke a couple of cigs a week - sometimes.

Archived