Wish the police saw what I see every morning..

As I drive to work every morning, I must see at least 3-4 people nattering away on their mobile phones whilst driving. It really annoys me! Wish I could shop them to the police!! A very good friend of mine was badly injured after it was proven that the person responsible was on their phone at the time. Please people, stay off your flipping phones when your driving.

Before we moved there was his parent that would pick her children up from the same school as my kids went to. Every day she would drive onto the estate, ear to the phone. Then use the next junction to swing round in to face the other way. Park up and then disappear into the school yard then reappear 10 minutes later, still on the phone with 2 children.

Then off she would drive and if she wasn't still on the phone at this point she'd be driving and reading whatever letters had been sent home placed in the middle of the steering wheel. Seriously, I could count on one hand how many times I didn't see her doing this, she was like clockwork.

yep, saw a man yesterday morning on Mosborough Parkway near Drakehouse, swinging past me quite fast on a roundabout with hand and phone stuck to his ear?? must be driving an automatic?...

I was once told by a police officer that the only time that you are allowed to use your mobile whilst driving is to report an incident or crime directly in front of you or behind you. I would be nice if someone who knows to clarify this? I actually said to the officer "so if i see someone in front of me using there mobile I can use mine to report them?" and His answer was "yes"

Archived