Wish the police saw what I see every morning..

just over 10 years ago we didn't have mobile phones...

we managed to live our lives/do our business without having a mobile stuck to our ear or our thumbs quivering out texts constantly....

I may be an old frat but I find it hard to see what or who thinks they are so important that they NEED to be on the phone when they are driving around a city.

we managed to live our lives/do our business without having a mobile stuck to our ear or our thumbs quivering out texts constantly....

I may be an old frat but I find it hard to see what or who thinks they are so important that they NEED to be on the phone when they are driving around a city.

You may be an old fart but you're spot on here Parvo. No one (not even Penistone999) actually needs to use a mobile phone while driving. It's just laziness, selfishness and disregard for others.

Totally agree.

My mobile is switched on when driving, but ignored if it rings.

It doesn't take long to find somewhere safe to stop, and ring whoever back if I think it important enough.

As I drive to work every morning, I must see at least 3-4 people nattering away on their mobile phones whilst driving. It really annoys me! Wish I could shop them to the police!! A very good friend of mine was badly injured after it was proven that the person responsible was on their phone at the time. Please people, stay off your flipping phones when your driving.

It really annoys me why people can't wait to make their phone calls.

Have you noticed whether one gender is worse than the other?

Regards

Doom

It really annoys me why people can't wait to make their phone calls.

Have you noticed whether one gender is worse than the other?

Regards

Doom

To be honest, I dont think one gender is worse than the other. I have noticed a lot of white van men and women but what really gets me is when I see someone in a very expensive car ie range rover, as surely if they can afford a 60k motor, they could have got it with bluetooth?! :loopy:

To be honest, I dont think one gender is worse than the other. I have noticed a lot of white van men and women but what really gets me is when I see someone in a very expensive car ie range rover, as surely if they can afford a 60k motor, they could have got it with bluetooth?! :loopy:

I asked because I think I've tended to notice it more with women.

I generally think women are more sensible drivers than men, but some of them do like to natter on their mobiles

Regards

Doom

If you were to make a complaint to the police following an incident, given the many very serious collisions and sometimes fatalaties that are caused by people talking on the phone or worse in my book texting, the police I suspect would investigate it to some extent. Perhaps simply sending the registered keeper a notice of intended prosecution.

As for recording it if you have one of those camera's in your car, as seem very popular in Russia for some reason, then it's going to make the job of proving it very easy. In cases where it is suspected the driver has been using the phone the police will always obtain call data which will include cell-site analysis which may support the evidence from witnesses or explain why an incident has occurred.

Archived