Wish the police saw what I see every morning..

As I drive to work every morning, I must see at least 3-4 people nattering away on their mobile phones whilst driving. It really annoys me! Wish I could shop them to the police!! A very good friend of mine was badly injured after it was proven that the person responsible was on their phone at the time. Please people, stay off your flipping phones when your driving.

you'll find if you bother less about what everyone else is doing, you will have a better outlook on life.

As I drive to work every morning, I must see at least 3-4 people nattering away on their mobile phones whilst driving. It really annoys me! Wish I could shop them to the police!! A very good friend of mine was badly injured after it was proven that the person responsible was on their phone at the time. Please people, stay off your flipping phones when your driving.

Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do, just take down their numbers and report to the police. Then it is up to Police to either do some crime prevention (friendly letter/visit/call etc), or deal with the mess when they kill someone later. I did the same for some half-wit 17 year old round the corner who thought my road was Santa Pod.

Stuart

This is a joke. Our civil liberties in the UK are laughed at by the rest of the western world due to the number of CCTV cameras everywhere, and you want to add to it with this rubbish?

Be careful what you wish for. Perhaps you will, at some time, find yourself guilty of a misdemeanor in which these thought police volunteers may be interested.

How do you know we are 'laughed at by the rest of the western world' exactly? This country is one of, if not the best country in the world for safety due to our fantastic police force and security.

you'll find if you bother less about what everyone else is doing, you will have a better outlook on life.

Great thinking..... lets all turn a blind eye to it shall we? what other people do can effect our lives and outlook.... did you bother to read some of the previous posts? the danger these morons cause ?

Perhaps you are one of the phone and drive planks ?. The OP may have touched a nerve with some on here........ Now I'm fed up with using ?????? !

This is a joke. Our civil liberties in the UK are laughed at by the rest of the western world due to the number of CCTV cameras everywhere, and you want to add to it with this rubbish?

Be careful what you wish for. Perhaps you will, at some time, find yourself guilty of a misdemeanor in which these thought police volunteers may be interested.

You're right- I agree that there's way too much surveilance going on.

However, I also feel strongly that people dying due to drivers using mobile phones is disgusting- if filming them helps to stop it, then I say go for it.

By the same reasoning, drunk drivers should be reported- don't you agree? If so, why should mobile phone users not be?

By the same reasoning, drunk drivers should be reported- don't you agree? If so, why should mobile phone users not be?

A lot easier to prove a driver is drunk..the police stop him and breathalyse him .. difficult to prove a driver was using his phone whilst on the move...

:|Any of you keep your eyes on the road when driving ??

So many mobile phone using spotters !!

Of course its not clever, nor is lighting up a cig or changing a CD while driving.There are plenty of distractions whilst driving... looking our for mobile phone users seems to be another.:|

Archived