Got my first ever chub..well happy!!

BigDonWizzle

well done mate theres plenty of chub in the don!!!! had some really big ones out of salmon pastures on floatfished cheese paste and also stevenson rd on maggotfeeder before they messed it up.

Thanks man.. i read on here stevenson rd other week tried to get from the bridge down 5 weirs walk but the gate was locked. as i was only passing i didnt drive down stevenson rd to see how you access that strech, so how would i get on there and where would be a good place to leave the car??? thanks for any help

well done, and a beautiful chub it is too!

Because they are so deep, I'd say that fella is easy 2lb too.

I had a few at 4lb and a tad over at the end of last year, lovely fish, a good one to target at anytime!

Here's one that I weighed at 4lb1oz, apologies for the pic, I had to rest my camera on the the ground haha! He was cylindrical.

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q658/kkthxbyeJD/chub4lb1oz_zpsdf65c716.jpg

And don't forget my river friends, just a couple of weeks until close season, so it's a good idea to get a trip or two planned in!

1361963880217_zps224bf34f.jpg

Got my first ever chub out of the don very happy gave a good fight and was in great condition. caught use piece of meat on size 14 hook link with pellets on open end feeder. Hoping to catch more of these. i think weighed just over 2 lb what do you think??

Wow- just seen exactly same fish caught by Steve46 on another fishing forum! lol

I've only fished the Don from the sweet factory up to Oughtibridge but not had any chub yet, just trout and grayling.

Wow- just seen exactly same fish caught by Steve46 on another fishing forum! lol

I've only fished the Don from the sweet factory up to Oughtibridge but not had any chub yet, just trout and grayling.

lol yes thats me .. very proud.:loopy::loopy: and i havent been that far up yet still finding my bareings.

Thanks man.. i read on here stevenson rd other week tried to get from the bridge down 5 weirs walk but the gate was locked. as i was only passing i didnt drive down stevenson rd to see how you access that strech, so how would i get on there and where would be a good place to leave the car??? thanks for any help

drive down stevenson road and you will come to the entrance to the don if you go right the wall is really high and unaccessible but if you go in the left entrance and walk under the bridge, the main swims are just there. you can get to plenty of better swims if you are prepared to wade and find that these are the more productive swims.

Archived