retrogo

*******S6 SOUL CLUB*****

Starting from 8.00pm till 12.30 am

Hillsborough Club

27 Bradfield Rd

Sheffield

South Yorkshire S6 2BS

An evening of Northern Soul, Motown and Mod Tunes

(We are request friendly as long as they are in keeping with the night)

For those vinyl junkies out there we have our guest DJ's

Mick Lait (Treeton Soul Club)

Alyn Hodgson (Wicko Club)

with

Mick Clements

Hillsborough Club has been recently refurbished and has great facilities, and reasonable drink prices

Come along and enjoy the atmosphere

£2 Door Tax

(No Admissions after 11.00 pm)[/indent][/indent]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hope this is still on? Looking forward to it.

Yes we are still on. Luckily no more big snow storms forcasted yet.

---------- Post added 29-03-2013 at 11:41 ----------

Yes we are still on. Luckily no more big snow storms forcasted yet.

Well the day is here folks.

I'm so nervious and excited about our first S6 Soul Gig.

Me and my fellow DJ's hope you have a cracking night.

Cheers to those who come along

DJ Stu x

---------- Post added 29-03-2013 at 11:42 ----------

Hope this is still on? Looking forward to it.

Well the day is here folks.

I'm so nervious and excited about our first S6 Soul Gig.

Me and my fellow DJ's hope you have a cracking night.

Cheers to those who come along

DJ Stu x

Well I give it a try! But well erm! I’ve seen personality of a wet mop, that 2 of the DJ's. Appeared to be a good PA set up. But sounded horrendous! I love soul music but these people don’t realise how vinyl sounds so shocking. Lights were hardly used. Such a shame was good venue

Well I give it a try! But well erm! I’ve seen personality of a wet mop, that 2 of the DJ's. Appeared to be a good PA set up. But sounded horrendous! I love soul music but these people don’t realise how vinyl sounds so shocking. Lights were hardly used. Such a shame was good venue

Well Spoofer, the idea is not to make it here and now. The customers what attend these venues want to feel like they are 18 again in 1970. The only thing which was lit up was the dj (so he could see the vinyl), and the floor possibly had a white spot on a mirror ball. Vinyl is used to recreate that sound, and the punters want to see/hear the djing tecniques used back then. IE no cross fading, and a little story to tell about each track inbetween.

Spooferman what a wind up merchant you are! The night went well and all went away happy. If you are connected with the scene laying vinyl you must know that there are already many established soul nites scattered across S Yorks. I got involved with this venue simply because on that night there were no clashes with other events. If you're not on the scene yourself why most negative comments on here.

the route 61 northern soul night on the last friday of every month at the niagara sports & social club is a much better venue, the DJ has been in the job well over 30 years & plays some crackin tunes, only 3.50 entrance fee (to pay for the venue) starts at 7.30 until 12.30-1am with guest dj's aswel, get youselves down there its a great atmosphere. anymore info drop me a pm & i'll get back to you:)

Archived