UKIP and the Eastleigh by election - results now in

green

That is a load of rubbish.

In 2005 Labour got 20.6% of the vote.

This time Labour got 9.82% of the vote.

Yes I got that wrong, :rant: chucks the indignity of eating humble pie to a Tory from L***s!

I note the odds have lengthened on the Cons winning the next Gen Election going out generally to 11/8, bad times for the Cons indeed.

I switched my vote from Labour to UKIP, Farage has it spot on when it comes to getting out of Europe and curbing Immigration, they just isn't enough jobs for brits and it can take years to get a council house so it makes sense to stop anymore immigration full stop

£60 000.000 a day it costs us to stay in europe, that money would be better off spent here..

Apart from immigration and Europe though I think Farage would struggle, he said he wanted to be bring smoking back in pubs to boost the pub trade but I disagree with that as it will just bring lawsuits, a better idea would be to ban booze in supermarkets and instead just allow off licences to sell it, it would create more jobs and pubs would probably get more custom

Though 2015 is too early for UKIP, i think Labour will get back in but i prefer labour over tories anyday...they created PIP, that's only thing I agree with

A brilliant result for UKIP!

It is only a matter of time before the UK Independence Party gets an MP, after the party's best-ever result in the Eastleigh by-election. There is obviously a clear trend of growing support as more and more people realise that the only way for our country to get out of the EU and all the crap it stands for is to vote UKIP.

For them to come 2nd when they, unlike the three "main"parties, had to organise strategy in such a short time period, was a brilliant achievement and a credit to the party.

Idiot Camoron still doesn't get it though does he ! This was NOT protest vote in the way he would like to think it is and will NOT go away in the future the way he would love it to . His days as a party leader are numbered.

I think that UKIP have a very sucessful future ahead of them and will create a "political earthquake" next year by getting the biggest share of the vote in European Parliament polls - here's hoping!

It is only a matter of time before the UK Independence Party gets an MP[/b]

This is why I don't understand this "ground swell of opinion" narrative. The Green Party are more popular than UKIP, and nobody is projecting that they are going to change the face of politics.

Brighton is not at all representitive of Britain as a whole, they'd struggle to get MPs anywhere else.

I can think of another party that is struggling to get an MP anywhere else too.

UKIP are growing all the time

So are my nails, but they'll never be bigger than my head.

:)

---

I'd just like to clarify my position, in that I believe UKIP could get an MP. I think they could even reach two or three. The narrative that they're revolutionising UK politics is what I'm rejecting. It's far too small to predict anything on that scale.

Archived