UKIP and the Eastleigh by election - results now in

green

One MP would suggest so. I'm open to a counter argument though.

People tend to vote tactically, so if there is no chance of electing the Green or UKIP candidate, then they dont vote for them.

We need PR.

The Greens are on the left, whereas UKIP are on the right; but most people vote for self interest. So it depends on what their policies are come the next election.

People tend to vote tactically, so if there is no chance of electing the Green or UKIP candidate, then they dont vote for them.

We need PR.

The Greens are on the left, whereas UKIP are on the right; but most people vote for self interest. So it depends on what their policies are come the next election.

I would consider myself far left but I still switched my vote to UKIP who are on the right

It'll be lonely for them, though, as there's a clear "Leave EU" majority in the UK.

There is a clear anti-EU; but if it came to an election; then the big multinationals that want open boarders and free trade would make it clear that leaving the EU would make no difference.

I would favour import taxes that would allow the government to reduce income tax, but the fear of higher prices would put the wind up everyone if it was done too quickly.

I would consider myself far left but I still switched my vote to UKIP who are on the right

As I said, neither left nor right. In Eastleigh as elsewhere, UKIP is attracting disgruntled voters who previously voted for any of the other three main parties or none. It's the only anti-EU-membership party untainted by the racist discrimination exemplified by the EDP/BNP/etc. Once the UK escapes the EU Monster, there'll be a gigantic windfall (as a one-off and as an annual saving), available for tax cuts or increased HMG spending in the UK or both.

As you're far left, I'd be interested on your, and other UKIP supporters, thoughts about the UKIP policy of a flat tax rate - i.e. rich people pay the same tax rate as poor people (above a tax threshold). All the other parties favour progressive taxation - including the Conservatives who you might thing would favour a flat tax.

As you're far left, I'd be interested on your, and other UKIP supporters, thoughts about the UKIP policy of a flat tax rate - i.e. rich people pay the same tax rate as poor people (above a tax threshold). All the other parties favour progressive taxation - including the Conservatives who you might thing would favour a flat tax.

I agree with the policy of a flat rate tax, it's alot simpler and also would free low earners out of paying tax which if your earning under 12k a year, then ya simply can't afford to pay it due to cost of living which is very high in 2013... As a far left (once considered myself in the middle) I hate billionaires ( they sit on their money ) as I think they ruin country, transport like planes, buses and trains should be run by government and not be privately run, I would like to see UKIP have a plan on transport since old governments sold it all off...im not in favour of every UKIP policy though, on one their against gay marriage which I disagree with, I mean gay marriage is nothing really to be against, they should support it

Archived