UKIP and the Eastleigh by election - results now in

green

This time last year , UKIP were never mentioned in the media , and now they are getting a lot of attention . May I politely suggest that this is due to normal grassroots people taking an interest and getting involved ? We are not talking about tax-avoiding businessmen ( but if entrepreneurs are prepared to take the risk and create jobs then fair play to them ).

We are talking about normal people with normal jobs , the Independent are running scared and trying to smear UKIP but anyone with half a brain should be aware of the underlying agendas .

Personally I do not appreciate being branded a fruitcake or a nutter , this is the language of bullies who cannot produce an intelligent playground argument and who feel threatened but know they cannot answer back if challenged .

Personally I do not appreciate being branded a fruitcake or a nutter , this is the language of bullies who cannot produce an intelligent playground argument and who feel threatened but know they cannot answer back if challenged .

Just similar words that are used against the BNP, and so it ends up that people are called racist for just talking about immigration.

This time last year , UKIP were never mentioned in the media , and now they are getting a lot of attention . May I politely suggest that this is due to normal grassroots people taking an interest and getting involved ? We are not talking about tax-avoiding businessmen ( but if entrepreneurs are prepared to take the risk and create jobs then fair play to them ).

We are talking about normal people with normal jobs , the Independent are running scared and trying to smear UKIP but anyone with half a brain should be aware of the underlying agendas .

What do you think of their policies other than the ones for the EU and immigration. e.g. Taxation, transport, education, etc.

it's not an accident that Farage didn't run in the seat, although he has run in that seat, Eastleigh, before. Does Farage a actually want a seat like Galloway got in Bradford, or the Green got in Brighton at the general election. My guess is he probably doesn't, but if he chooses to stand in the next general and if he chooses the right seat, he'll win it.

The Tories have got to get in quite a few U-turns before the next election. They seem to have left traditional conservatism behind for a metropolitan liberal agenda. They have handed their core political territory to UKIP without a fight.

They are seemingly pro-immigration. They are a party of high taxes. The state under them is spending more than ever. They support gay marriage. It goes on and on. If you are a Tory and hate what Cameron's conservatives have become then UKIP look a good bet.

the problem for UKIP is finding an individual parliamentary seat they can actually win, even when the tide is with them. The possible contenders are scattered around the country, and it is needless to say, it is only England, not Scotland or Wales where they could not possibly field anyone having the slightest chance. The UKIP have no organisation at all outside England in Britain.

Yes I got that wrong, :rant: chucks the indignity of eating humble pie to a Tory from L***s!

I note the odds have lengthened on the Cons winning the next Gen Election going out generally to 11/8, bad times for the Cons indeed.

11/8? I'm not much of a gambler but doesn't that mean if you bet £8 on the Tories winning the next election, the bookies would pay out £11 if they did? Are they really long odds? That's about the odds you get on the sun shining tomorrow.

the problem for UKIP is finding an individual parliamentary seat they can actually win, even when the tide is with them. The possible contenders are scattered around the country, and it is needless to say, it is only England, not Scotland or Wales where they could not possibly field anyone having the slightest chance. The UKIP have no organisation at all outside England in Britain.

Yes but they have the advantage of appealing to racists of all social backgrounds unlike other racists such as BNP & EDL, and with the Tories not stupid enough to leave take a huge gamble and leave the EU UKIP are now a serious threat to our country.

This time last year , UKIP were never mentioned in the media......

We are talking about normal people with normal jobs ......

This time last year there was a lot of talk in the media about one Steve Moxon, a UKIP candidate in Sheffield who was disowned by the party after expressing sympathy for a certain Norwegian mass-murderer.

Normal person? You decide.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/11/21/steve-moxon-women-business_n_2170854.html

Archived