Filthy Britain.

steviered

It's not just the filthy streets, it's also filthy language on TV and all the other signs of moral decay there. Beautiful old buildings linking the generations, demolished for 'modernisation' with insufficient, or no protest from citizens. The country's full of museums to what it used to be, while outside are the wastelands of great industries now shipped abroad. International Finance from the City was going to be the saviour; now that boast is shattered, not only with the crisis the City gamblers have helped cause, but with the prospect of Frankfurt going to supersede it. So what's left ? More take-aways ? To me, the country's beyond salvation and it's all reminiscent of 'the fall of Rome', with worse yet to come unless they wake up soon and begin attending MP's surgeries and council meetings in their hundreds and thousands. Governments thrive on the mass apathy of the people. Sad to say, never mind 'Keep Britain Tidy', 'Keep Britain, full stop' unless things change soon.

Well said.

It's not just the filthy streets, it's also filthy language on TV and all the other signs of moral decay there. Beautiful old buildings linking the generations, demolished for 'modernisation' with insufficient, or no protest from citizens. The country's full of museums to what it used to be, while outside are the wastelands of great industries now shipped abroad. International Finance from the City was going to be the saviour; now that boast is shattered, not only with the crisis the City gamblers have helped cause, but with the prospect of Frankfurt going to supersede it. So what's left ? More take-aways ? To me, the country's beyond salvation and it's all reminiscent of 'the fall of Rome', with worse yet to come unless they wake up soon and begin attending MP's surgeries and council meetings in their hundreds and thousands. Governments thrive on the mass apathy of the people. Sad to say, never mind 'Keep Britain Tidy', 'Keep Britain, full stop' unless things change soon.

Thats what I have been saying for years but no one cares,I seriously believe that the government is quite happy to have us in this position to be able to control the population.

---------- Post added 05-03-2013 at 09:51 ----------

Few people have any pride or self esteem these days,when did you last see someone dressed smart or their shoes polished,our cities are dumps now,I remember when Sheffield was a proud city but alas incompetent councils have done their best to destroy the historical fabric of this place, now they are wearing people down with cut backs,closing everything they can get away with.When have any of this lot in the town hall every given anything to the city like the old industrialist did out off their own wealth.Even the shops look tatty with amateurish signs and scruffy windows and indifferent staff,like another poster said its like the fall of Rome and no one cares until its too late.

How many people actually go out and attempt to "Keep Britain Tidy"? It's all very well sitting behind a keyboard and complaining about the state of the country but do any of you go out and do anything about it?

Join a local action group, such as Action for Stannington, and do something about it. If there isn't a local group get off your backsides and start one.

How many people actually go out and attempt to "Keep Britain Tidy"? It's all very well sitting behind a keyboard and complaining about the state of the country but do any of you go out and do anything about it?

Join a local action group, such as Action for Stannington, and do something about it. If there isn't a local group get off your backsides and start one.

When I was a Parish Councillor for 12 yrs I went on a litter picking project which the council organized every year and believe me we picked lorry loads of the stuff only to find that a few days later it was as bad because of people with a couldnt care less attitude,now I conclude that I have done my bit for our community,whats your contribution?

When I was a Parish Councillor for 12 yrs I went on a litter picking project which the council organized every year and believe me we picked lorry loads of the stuff only to find that a few days later it was as bad because of people with a couldnt care less attitude,now I conclude that I have done my bit for our community,whats your contribution?

Once in 12 years is hardly "doing my bit", is it?

I'm a volunteer with the aforementioned Action for Stannington plus I try and keep the area round my immediate neighbourhood litter free by going out with a litter picker.

Archived