Filthy Britain.

steviered

How many people actually go out and attempt to "Keep Britain Tidy"? It's all very well sitting behind a keyboard and complaining about the state of the country but do any of you go out and do anything about it?

Join a local action group, such as Action for Stannington, and do something about it. If there isn't a local group get off your backsides and start one.

I just put in a complaint to the council. My husband and I also pick litter up when we are out walking in parks and countryside. So, I don't just complain from my keyboard. Any ideas on how to motivate people is the next question.

---------- Post added 06-03-2013 at 00:11 ----------

Once in 12 years is hardly "doing my bit", is it?

I'm a volunteer with the aforementioned Action for Stannington plus I try and keep the area round my immediate neighbourhood litter free by going out with a litter picker.

Excellent, good on ya !

Once in 12 years is hardly "doing my bit", is it?

I'm a volunteer with the aforementioned Action for Stannington plus I try and keep the area round my immediate neighbourhood litter free by going out with a litter picker.

Every year come rain or shine.:huh:

---------- Post added 05-03-2013 at 15:48 ----------

and do you think .I got paid being a Parish councillor is helping the community and is voluntary,you obviously no nothing about what your parish council does for the benefit of your area.

Every year come rain or shine.:huh:

---------- Post added 05-03-2013 at 15:48 ----------

and do you think .I got paid being a Parish councillor is helping the community and is voluntary,you obviously no nothing about what your parish council does for the benefit of your area.

I'm intrigued, what exactly do my parish councillors do for the benefit of my area? Other than going out once a year and litter picking, that is?

Archived