Moving to Sheffield, won't know anyone

AngryDog

Whereabouts in Sheffield are you going to be living?

Not sure yet - I'm waiting for replies from houses I want to look at, but been looking at some of these;

Frechville

Intake

Halfway

Mosborough

Waterthorpe

Aughton

Owlthorpe

Swallownest

Aston

I actually work in S1. But its easy to get that way down the parkway at the times I travel.

Why limit yourself to those areas if you work city centre? There are areas with far more going on and with the city centre just as accessible or more so.

Why limit yourself to those areas if you work city centre? There are areas with far more going on and with the city centre just as accessible or more so.

I dont now know Sheffield very well, and I dont want to be somewhere I feel unsafe.

I also need to be able to get home on a lunch time within about 30 mins to see to my dog.

I dont now know Sheffield very well, and I dont want to be somewhere I feel unsafe.

I also need to be able to get home on a lunch time within about 30 mins to see to my dog.

Plenty safe areas nearer the city that can be reached within 30 minutes or less from the centre. And there are people who do dog walking / minding for people at work - seems to be a growth industry.

welcome to sheff angry dog - I arrived 33 yrs ago -been completely bloody miserable ever since.

I wasnt meant to be moving to Sheffield, I was meant to be going to Leeds to be with my now ex gf. Im totally miserable anyway now.

Plenty safe areas nearer the city that can be reached within 30 minutes or less from the centre. And there are people who do dog walking / minding for people at work - seems to be a growth industry.

Id have to find a trust worthy dog walker, but I dont know of any safe areas nearer the city?

Blimey Angrydog, cheer up - you're making me well up!

Near to S1 are some great places - S10 and S6

Try Hillsborough and Crookes for starters. You can walk into town if you're feeling energetic and there are loads of pubs, shops, gyms etc. in the area.

Archived