Moving to Sheffield, won't know anyone

AngryDog

Shame about you and your ex mate, but I'd prefer Sheffield to Leeds anytime.

It's good once you get into it. Some parts of S2 are ok, but I'd avoid some of the 'rougher bits' however, very handy for travel to town. Either way, good luck

Not sure yet - I'm waiting for replies from houses I want to look at, but been looking at some of these;

Frechville

Intake

Halfway

Mosborough

Waterthorpe

Aughton

Owlthorpe

Swallownest

Aston

im at halfway, its ok here so far lol, new myself

@marx... approaching people in town seems a little desperate, and invariably people will think you're selling something, and/or wanting details to sell on to others . i too would like to meet new people, and some of the social groups around sheffield are fine, until you get a few egotists who decide they don't like you and want to make up random rubbish about u that damages your reputation and puts ppl off you (i'm not bein paranoid, it really happened thanks to mean minded morons like VC and NS )

@marx... approaching people in town seems a little desperate, and invariably people will think you're selling something, and/or wanting details to sell on to others . i too would like to meet new people, and some of the social groups around sheffield are fine, until you get a few egotists who decide they don't like you and want to make up random rubbish about u that damages your reputation and puts ppl off you (i'm not bein paranoid, it really happened thanks to mean minded morons like VC and NS )

did you get that humour bypass on the NHS or did you have to go private? :huh:

did you get that humour bypass on the NHS or did you have to go private? :huh:

Thanks for making that point on my behalf. However Fargate is full of people with clipboards who would like to talk to you (and get your bank details).

hang on... Last time I walked up fargate I talked to a stranger. H was asking to stroke a large white dog. As we neared, a bloke stroking him asked his name. I recognised it from a thread I'd read a couple of days before on SF, where people who usually saw dog and owner daily were concerned at their absence

Hey AngryDog, I moved by accident here about 2 years ago now. I came for a job that fell through as soon as I'd moved and was then stuck. Its worked out ok though - took me a while to settle in but i've met a few people. My advice is to spend a lot of time hanging round coffeeshops like the Rude Shipyard on Abbeydale road, where people talk to you whether you like it or not.

I'll be your friend if you like *waves*

Archived