Nearest enclosed beach?

Anybody visiting any beach should consult the tide times

Make sure you don't become trapped or stranded. Remember the tide can rush in quite quickly on a flat beach

If you arrive with the tide high, the beach between derby pool and leasowe castle is surrounded. Its high tide doesn't usually make it to the encircling rocks either

I thought the east coast was like the mediteranian and,as such, does not have tides.

I thought the east coast was like the mediteranian and,as suc, does not have tides.

mi mates have always worked ont he lifebots at staithes and walkers are always getting cut off

---------- Post added 28-02-2013 at 20:46 ----------

haha classic mod fail

this thread made sense in the sheffield section, now its been magically moved to general, it makes no sense at all

nearest enclosed beach to..............

???????????????????????

Does anywhere know where the nearest small beach mostly surrounded by cliffs is? Basically I want the opposite of a flat wide beach that stretches for miles. Somewhere quiet :)

There is a tiny beach where the Hayburn Brook goes over a waterfall just North of Scarborough. You can get to it from the Hayburn Wyke Hotel along a wooded path or from the Cleveland Way. The beach is rocky and surrounded by high cliffs and totally secluded.

I used to go nude sun bathing there and only once got disturbed and that was by the Coast Guard helicopter. :hihi:

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~fiski/cw/cw11.html

I thought the east coast was like the mediteranian and,as such, does not have tides.

North Sea is not almost landlocked and nothing like the Mediterreanean. In 1953 thousands of people including 300 in mostly the east England drowned basically because of a combination of a storm and high tide.

Archived