Why are young kids getting pregnant

Really? Are all the posh girls in Harrogate getting up the duff too?

I very much doubt that.

Trust me, just as many people in Harrogate, if not more sometimes apply for Crisis Loans & benefits, its not all snobs and posh birds.

---------- Post added 28-02-2013 at 19:59 ----------

i find it frustrating when young kids think its a trend to be honest

But in all honesty it's gone on for years, but yes it is maddening as you say when contraception is freely available to them.

Trust me, just as many people in Harrogate, if not more sometimes apply for Crisis Loans & benefits, its not all snobs and posh birds.

---------- Post added 28-02-2013 at 19:59 ----------

But in all honesty it's gone on for years, but yes it is maddening as you say when contraception is freely available to them.

It has - in fact the move to older first time mothers is a relatively new concept. Back in the day it was perfectly acceptable to have children while in your teens/ very early twenties (which is when the female body is actually at its productive best).

It is maddening. There must be multiple influences going on, as - as you say, contraception has never been so easy to get hold of. Sex education is also available to most kids.

When I was a teen in the 80s, sex education was in its infancy and you had to be 16 before a doctor would prescribe the pill without a parent's consent.

This has all changed, for the better, I would assume.

However, back then it was very unusual for teens to have babies. It did happen, but was definitely not the norm. It was seen as the very worst thing that could happen you you as a teenage girl. It would mean an end to hopes and dreams (which to be fair, consisted mainly of being independant, going out and having fun, possibly going to uni and getting a good job, but mainly having fun as a young adult).

Now having a baby in your teens doesn't have the stigma it used to. Whether that's a good or a bad thing, I'm not so sure. It must have been terrible for girls and their families to find themselves in that situation back then, god knows what it was like before then, when girls could find themselves virtually cast out society for getting pregnant, babies had to be adopted and so on. I'm glad that's not so common now.

On the other hand, normalising having kids so young and limiting girls' expectations and chances isn't brilliant either.

another trend so i am told is when the kids get to six they have another kid or they have sign on ,some only have kids and never work,its a terrible way that needs ending

So you are told-its seems a bit vague?Who told you this nugget of truth?Are you simple enough to fall for this tosh?

Archived