Why are young kids getting pregnant

My 18 year old step-sister is currently pregnant after an 'accident' and while 18 isn't that young these days, she's very immature for her age, as are the majority of her friends. They all think it's 'really cute' that she's having a baby, but she is still at college and the boyfriend has gone AWOL.

My Husbands niece is also 18, she dropped out of college after getting pregnant and was given a flat (not in Sheffield)...she had a miscarriage and now makes so secret of the fact that she's just waiting to get pregnant again so she doesn't have to go back to college. She has no money for food or heating but her boyfriend still managed to get a 42" TV on credit...

When I was 18 I was working all hours on apprenticeship wages, had moved out and spent my weekends out enjoying my freedom!

In some countries girls are married and having children at the age of 13. So is it 'normal' to wait until girls are 21?

and these girls often end up physically damaged by giving birth (doubly incontinent one such consequence which can lead to ostracism) so at its most simple level it is best to wait until a girls body is physically mature enough to cope with pregnancy and birth. which is usually over 16-21

In some countries girls are married and having children at the age of 13. So is it 'normal' to wait untill girls are 21?

Often, these are countries where women "don't have rights".

So, passing them from the male domination of a father to that of a husband early is good for the social traditions of the area, however bad for the women.

It's only a little over a century ago that authorities pronounced that women should not be admitted to medical school because "it would destroy their femininity"; I met my wife at medical school, and I have no complaints about her femininity.

However, if you substitute "Educated women won't defer to a man's authority merely because he's a man", you come nearer to the truth.

i dont no how u all are so ega to judge no one nos the circumstances of thes young women

We know some of the circumstances, for example, in some case, single, no income, pregnant...

We have the highest rate of teen pregnancy in Europe (although it has been falling steadily for 3 decades)... Poor sex education seems to be the primary cause.

Archived