The Brigade Brigade

Olive

I didn't think it'd be too long before the Pedants Brigade turned up, led by Which Tyler, of course.

Oh - ho; I was wondering when the anti-pedant brigade would slither along.

Now then, by preceding your interpolated aside with a comma you have rendered it pertinent to the PB turning up rather than, as you intended, Which Tyler. Do you think a dash, in place of the first comma would have rendered your sentence more in line with what you wished to say?

---------- Post added 01-03-2013 at 11:47 ----------

That's it: I'm reporting you all to the 'taking the Michael' Brigade.....

You do, of course, mean the Anti-taking-the-Michael Brigade.

Oh - ho; I was wondering when the anti-pedant brigade would slither along.

Now then, by preceding your interpolated aside with a comma you have rendered it pertinent to the PB turning up rather than, as you intended, Which Tyler. Do you think a dash, in place of the first comma would have rendered your sentence more in line with what you wished to say?

---------- Post added 01-03-2013 at 11:47 ----------

You do, of course, mean the Anti-taking-the-Michael Brigade.

Depends whether you're a member of the fence sitting brigade or not! :hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

Time to admit I was barking up the wrong tree, picking on the Brigade Brigade.

Turns out I should have been concentrating on "The Do-Gooders"!

Problem is, I don't know who they actually are. Might be a rock band from the '60s?

Time to admit I was barking up the wrong tree, picking on the Brigade Brigade.

Turns out I should have been concentrating on "The Do-Gooders"!

Problem is, I don't know who they actually are. Might be a rock band from the '60s?

Obviously those who complain about them must be "do-badders".

Obviously those who complain about them must be "do-badders".

but do badders dont exist to the string em up brigade just the do gooders and their do gooding lentil eating sandal wearing pc brigade mates who gang up on the poor defenseless right wing xenophobic race hating pipe smoking brigade

errrrrrrrm

ARRRRRRRRRRGGHHH!!!!!!!

:help:

This is all very well, but I have just been reading another thread where the terrible murder of a pensioner in High Hazels Park is being discussed.

The level of the discussion/arguement has become incredibly low grade with insults and accusations levelled at other contributors.

I know this is a "forum" and would expect there to be lively debate and controvesy, but is their no respect ?

A man has been murdered for gods sake!

Archived