Help or advice needed

I purchased a bathroom suit from a popular retailer in rotherham 5 weeks ago, Ive had it installed by a qualified plumber however the shower door leaks badly. its a manufacturing issue ( or so the plumber says) and I'm confident that is the case. The plumber has even held off taking payment from me until this is resolved.

Thats where the problems are, I'm getting the run around by the company and feel somewhat intimidated as they don't want to know.

can anyone advise or throw light on what would help?

I purchased a bathroom suit from a popular retailer in rotherham 5 weeks ago, Ive had it installed by a qualified plumber however the shower door leaks badly. its a manufacturing issue ( or so the plumber says) and I'm confident that is the case. The plumber has even held off taking payment from me until this is resolved.

Thats where the problems are, I'm getting the run around by the company and feel somewhat intimidated as they don't want to know.

Is this the retailer on Effingham Street?.

It's clearly not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act. For the first 6 months it's up to them to prove that the item wasn't faulty when you bought it.

Is this the retailer on Effingham Street?.

who would that be?

---------- Post added 01-03-2013 at 20:36 ----------

It's clearly not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act. For the first 6 months it's up to them to prove that the item wasn't faulty when you bought it.

Thanks ever so much for the messages I will take it up.

who would that be?

---------- Post added 01-03-2013 at 20:36 ----------

Thanks ever so much for the messages I will take it up.

Now Now you know you can't name and shame on here without feeling the wrath of the gods, but there used to be a large removal firm in Sheffield that used dark blue vans to move furniture, and low loader lorries to move very heavy equipment, the firm bore the same name as the shop on Effingham Street Rotherham.

Now Now you know you can't name and shame on here without feeling the wrath of the gods, but there used to be a large removal firm in Sheffield that used dark blue vans to move furniture, and low loader lorries to move very heavy equipment, the firm bore the same name as the shop on Effingham Street Rotherham.

He means Pickfords, by the way.

That may well be the case, Have you had the same experience? or can you cast any light on how to deal with people who clearly don't give two hoots about after sales or customer care?

Archived