St.Paddy's Day for a bunch of students

Zine

Hi all, It's my first year in Sheffield and I'm hoping to get my pals from back home over here for some St. Paddy's day shenanigans.

So what events are happening on the 17th?

Some live music/decent pubs would be great.

Thanks

Amazing isn't it, pubs fall over themselves to promote St Paddys day & the like, but when it's bloody St George's Day not a whisper. I have never celebrated it, nor felt the compunction to do so.

Pubs are known for their altruism - its what ever makes money. If they could ram the pub selling Bombadier with morris dancing outside - i'm sure they'd all be falling over themselves to do so.

Anyway - back on topic - all the pubs in town & student areas will be busy and any with a vague irish connection will be chocca

Amazing isn't it, pubs fall over themselves to promote St Paddys day & the like, but when it's bloody St George's Day not a whisper. I have never celebrated it, nor felt the compunction to do so.

Hiya BP.

Most years we get paid good money to play some pub or other on St George's Day. You're just out of the loop I guess ... or maybe they don't advertise enough.

3 years ago the council put on a big do on Devonshire Green. They paid us to play there too. Not many people came. I guess that's why they didn't do it again...

---------- Post added 01-03-2013 at 19:53 ----------

Hi all, It's my first year in Sheffield and I'm hoping to get my pals from back home over here for some St. Paddy's day shenanigans.

So what events are happening on the 17th?

Some live music/decent pubs would be great.

Thanks

Hiya Zine.

There's a great band playing at the Hammer and Pincers, not too far from Hunter's Bar on the 17th. Gimme a shout if you want more info.

Pubs are known for their altruism - its what ever makes money. If they could ram the pub selling Bombadier with morris dancing outside - i'm sure they'd all be falling over themselves to do so.

Anyway - back on topic - all the pubs in town & student areas will be busy and any with a vague irish connection will be chocca

Oh yes very true, and hiya Lockjaw as you say not as well publicised SGD, shame but hey ho.

A new weekly Sunday night event called "Urban Milkshake" launches at Jacosa Bar on West St on St Patricks Day. The music policy is classic and modern R&B and will run 9pm til 3am.

Cheap drinks offers include selected bottles of beer and alco-pop at £1.50 (4 for $5), Jagerbombs £1.50 (4 for £5), Smirnoff/Bacardi/Gordon's + Mixer £1.50 (single), £2.50 (double), JD + Mixer £2 (single). Bottles of Wine £8. Glass of Wine £2.50. Selected cocktails 2 for £6.

Archived