Prescription charges up again

At this rate it'll be cheaper for everyone to pay the Tenner a month for pre-payment of prescriptions. I went to the dentist the other week and was prescribed 2 different lots of antibiotics...Best part of £15 it cost me. It annoys me intensely that Scotland and Wales get them free still. Not that I begrudge them, my point is, if it's possible there, then why not in England?

At this rate it'll be cheaper for everyone to pay the Tenner a month for pre-payment of prescriptions. I went to the dentist the other week and was prescribed 2 different lots of antibiotics...Best part of £15 it cost me. It annoys me intensely that Scotland and Wales get them free still. Not that I begrudge them, my point is, if it's possible there, then why not in England?

So glad I have the £10.00 a month card, I've just ordered my 2 months supply of medication, 16 items.

The thing I don't really 'get' is that the gov or whoever say that 90% of people get them free anyway!...Just my luck to have always been in the 10% that don't!!!

I remember when they were 20p an item and a certain MT saying, "we won't put up prescription charges, but in fairness to her so has EVERY PM since her day. They are a complete rip off, they should be free for all, lets face it even someone working would struggle to pay for 2-3 times a month.

I know they can get a PPC but some are only on medication for a short period, but it still hits their pockets.

I have one of those cards as I get three things a month on it. Saves me so much cash in the long run

Yes, they are more economical if on medication for a length of time, but not so if only for a short while, my PPC is invaluable.

Why can't everyone pay something:huh: I'm also fed up of being the one that pays everything and gets nothing:rant:

Surely if everyone had to pay a couple of £'s, it would stop the malingerers clogging up the Doctors and we maybe wouldn't have to wait 3 weeks for an appointment:suspect:

Why can't everyone pay something:huh: I'm also fed up of being the one that pays everything and gets nothing:rant:

Surely if everyone had to pay a couple of £'s, it would stop the malingerers clogging up the Doctors and we maybe wouldn't have to wait 3 weeks for an appointment:suspect:

So by your logic I'd still have to pay £64.00 every 2 months even at 2 quid a pop, but if I was to pay £7.85 for each item it would cost me £251.00 every 8 weeks.

Nah think I'll stick to the PPC if you don't mind.

The thing I don't really 'get' is that the gov or whoever say that 90% of people get them free anyway!...Just my luck to have always been in the 10% that don't!!!

We used to think the same. My OH was in his 40s when he started taking medication for his heart. After his bypass he was on seven different tablets, so we prepaid to save money.

Once he passed 60 the prescriptions are free, but he only needs two lots of medication now. Typical!

Archived