Advice needed conserning suspected sex offender

Shall I bring out the pitchforks and burning torches?

How many are needed? Is the going to be a big mob of uneducated people charging around?

Don't forget the local real paedophiles will be joining the mob to keep their cover intact.

---------- Post added 01-03-2013 at 12:48 ----------

Well iv actually found a newspaper clipping of the man about him being sent to prison for four years for sex attacks on girls .. It was in the sun newspaper in 2007 so it is actually true so what exactly can we do about it ... I'm not happy about him being just around the corner and neither is half the community so this time the post on Facebook is actually true so now what we just supposedly forget about it n get on with it worrying about our kids every time they step out the door ??

As others have said, speak to the local community police team, they'll be able to address your concerns.

Well iv actually found a newspaper clipping of the man about him being sent to prison for four years for sex attacks on girls .. It was in the sun newspaper in 2007 so it is actually true so what exactly can we do about it ... I'm not happy about him being just around the corner and neither is half the community so this time the post on Facebook is actually true so now what we just supposedly forget about it n get on with it worrying about our kids every time they step out the door ??

Relax, chances are none of us lives more than 1/2 mile from a convicted sex offender, yet our streets aren't besieged by men in raincoats touching up our children.

If you think about the number of kids in Sheffield and the number of molestations by total strangers you should take comfort from the fact it's something we hear hardly anything about (that's actually corroborated).

Go to bed tonight and sleep soundly, but keep one eye open, our children are far more likely to be abused by someone within their own families.

I wouldn't have thought there is much you can do because this man has to live somewhere. He has served his time for the crime he has committed. I would still be worried if I found out there was someone living in my area (it's possible there is but I don't know about it). All you can do is teach your children to be responsible and stay safe, don't talk to strangers, go anywhere without you knowing even if there friend says it's ok, etc. There are dangers everywhere but unfortunately we can't wrap our children in cotton wool and just have to teach them to be safe.

Even this forum isn't immune. There was a thead about a sex offender driving a gold car round Arbourthorne. The OP claimed it was first hand information but it turned out to be a chinese whisper rumour.

Actually I think it was the delivery driver from the local Chinese takeaway ;)

Relax, chances are none of us lives more than 1/2 mile from a convicted sex offender

You'd be surprised (can't say more but I'm sure you can take me at my word)

But the important thing is that even though they're more common than you think, children aren't snatched on a daily basis.

Its also interesting to know you can be put on the sex offender register if you're caught taking a pee and someone sees your tackle!

But the important thing is that even though they're more common than you think, children aren't snatched on a daily basis.
Just that knowledge alone should help us keep the 'risk' in proper perspective.

Its also interesting to know you can be put on the sex offender register if you're caught taking a pee and someone sees your tackle!

There's no danger of that then, given the size of my tackle :(

Are you sure it's the same man?

It might be based on a true story from 2007, but are you sure he's actually living around the corner from you?

And if you force him to move, what then, he has to live around the corner from someone doesn't he?

I wouldn't have thought there is much you can do because this man has to live somewhere. He has served his time for the crime he has committed. I would still be worried if I found out there was someone living in my area (it's possible there is but I don't know about it). All you can do is teach your children to be responsible and stay safe, don't talk to strangers, go anywhere without you knowing even if there friend says it's ok, etc. There are dangers everywhere but unfortunately we can't wrap our children in cotton wool and just have to teach them to be safe.

I agree totally with you.

Unfortunately there are dangers all over in this big bad world we now live in.

The way I see it is that surely it's better to know where he lives. Like the saying goes " Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't." Nobody likes to think there's a perv living near them but yes they have to live somewhere. Also if children are made aware that they must have NO contact what so ever with the man there should be no problem. Not an ideal situation but we don't live in an ideal world.

I agree totally with you.

Unfortunately there are dangers all over in this big bad world we now live in.

The way I see it is that surely it's better to know where he lives. Like the saying goes " Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't." Nobody likes to think there's a perv living near them but yes they have to live somewhere. Also if children are made aware that they must have NO contact what so ever with the man there should be no problem. Not an ideal situation but we don't live in an ideal world.

And also, kids are more than likely to be abused by a family member/friend than a stranger.

Archived