Headlice a big problem

my daughter comes home from school every week with headlice, this is really annoying im treating my daughter with the headlice treatment every week without fail, and each week im treating her shes coming back with them, we have contacted the school informing them of the problem they have sent numerous letters out to parents asking them to treat there children if nessacary, but this seems to be a ongoing big problem so some children arent getting treatment that they need to get rid of the headlice its so frustrating as a mother that treats the headlice on a weekly basis and then the it starts all over again anyone have this problem its really annoying

my daughter comes home from school every week with headlice, this is really annoying im treating my daughter with the headlice treatment every week without fail, and each week im treating her shes coming back with them, we have contacted the school informing them of the problem they have sent numerous letters out to parents asking them to treat there children if nessacary, but this seems to be a ongoing big problem so some children arent getting treatment that they need to get rid of the headlice its so frustrating as a mother that treats the headlice on a weekly basis and then the it starts all over again anyone have this problem its really annoying

Used to have a massive recurring problem before we moved house and school, yes.

Since we moved, we've only had the one incident, and I don't believe they were picked up from school.

The problem is, treating them every week can obviously become expensive and for some people, they cant afford it. Of course theres also the ignorance part - my child isnt constantly head scratching, he cant have nits, or just can be bothered to do a full check.

Its probably impossible to ensure that every case of head lice on every child is cured in a school, and its not only schools they pick them up from of course. Last time my daughter got them, I treated the whole house including myself - how many parents forget they have probably got them too and end up giving them back to the child?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Tell me about it, my boy seemed to always have them, I found the treatments didn't really work so on every other nights bath time I put conditioner on his hair and use a nit comb very methodically while reading him a story, that seemed to keep them at bay.

The electric nit combs are quite good.

Don't forget blow-drying hair is very effective at killing nits.

So if your daughter is coming home with them every day, just blow dry her hair after a bath/shower and comb through with a nit comb.

The problem is, treating them every week can obviously become expensive and for some people, they cant afford it. ...........

You can get Lice Treatment on prescription or, under the Minor Ailments Scheme, direct from the Pharmacists.

Free for children.

when the boys and nannied for were young we used to use conditioner every few days and comb hair with nit comb , they soon stopped getting them ! I had an electronic comb for them but they used to get upset when we used it , also we would use Teetree oil and shampoo

---------- Post added 01-03-2013 at 16:41 ----------

You can get Lice Treatment on prescription or, under the Minor Ailments Scheme, direct from the Pharmacists.

Free for children.

Its always been free for children and adults if needed

thanks for advice you lot its just a real pain i always thought that. when people get headlice it was because their hair was dirty but thats not always the case, i never thought people that cleaned their hair quite regularly could get them but obviously i was wrong x

Mt two kids got through school without ever getting them even when other kids in the class had them; I don’t know if it was because my kids didn’t do all the cuddling that many kids do or whether they have a natural repellent to them. :D

thanks for advice you lot its just a real pain i always thought that. when people get headlice it was because their hair was dirty but thats not always the case, i never thought people that cleaned their hair quite regularly could get them but obviously i was wrong x

Apparently, they like the hair as clean as possible, they don't cling as well to dirty or greasy hair (hence why treatments are oily, enabling you to comb them out)

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived