Fire risk warning over faulty Beko fridge freezers

There is a thread about this dated 2011, this is todays news on ITV - the story is also carried by the bbc -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14025550

Up to 500,000 fridge freezers could be posing serious fire risks in homes and businesses across the country, the London Fire Brigade (LFB) has warned.

The LFB said a fire in London last week, which was originally thought to have been caused by a lightning strike, was caused by a Beko appliance.

Beko has been alerted to the problem which the LFB says has caused 20 fires and one death in London since 2008.

The company said it was contacting customers to fix the problem for free.

---------- Post added 01-03-2013 at 18:57 ----------

There is a thread about this dated 2011, this is todays news on ITV - the story is also carried by the bbc -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14025550

Up to 500,000 fridge freezers could be posing serious fire risks in homes and businesses across the country, the London Fire Brigade (LFB) has warned.

The LFB said a fire in London last week, which was originally thought to have been caused by a lightning strike, was caused by a Beko appliance.

Beko has been alerted to the problem which the LFB says has caused 20 fires and one death in London since 2008.

The company said it was contacting customers to fix the problem for free.[/QUOTE]

Don't count on it

When this was first reported, I checked out the Beko website to see if my fridge/freezer (which is over 10 years old) was one of those that were faulty. It was. I contacted Beko who sent out one of their engineers. He fitted a new motor and said that my firdge freezer should last another 10 years. :thumbsup:

When this was first reported, I checked out the Beko website to see if my fridge/freezer (which is over 10 years old) was one of those that were faulty. It was. I contacted Beko who sent out one of their engineers. He fitted a new motor and said that my firdge freezer should last another 10 years. :thumbsup:

I did the same as you hope so hopefully will be ok

Archived