EBay sellers, combined postage and dispute

Bought a load of baby clothes from the same seller on eBay around 3 weeks ago. Postage on each item is over £2. Total postage amounts to more than 20 quid, and obviously it would be flipping ridiculous to try and charge even near that, when the descriptions state "I always combine postage on multiple bys so plz see my other items!!!"

So, several times now I have clicked 'Request total from seller' and have emailed her 2 or 3 times with no response. Shes now decided to email me back and threaten that if I don't pay in full immeditely she will open an unpaid item case for each one :hihi:

Whats the chances I would actually get an unpaid item strike (or 8!) for this? I'm not particularly bothered really, I'm still not paying on principle! Even if the discount was a quid I wouldn't mind, but shes being a cheeky sod :D

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Hi

Ebay will look at all the facts including her advert stating combined postage and both your emails each other, hope you sent emails via ebay? telling her that you are willing to buy the cloths but disputing P+P if she still persist with the £20 P+P open a dispute against her "not as advertised", I think you will win ebay is more on the buyers side these days.

kidley

Hi

Ebay will look at all the facts including her advert stating combined postage and both your emails each other, hope you sent emails via ebay? telling her that you are willing to buy the cloths but disputing P+P if she still persist with the £20 P+P open a dispute against her "not as advertised", I think you will win ebay is more on the buyers side these days.

kidley

Absolutely, and that's why sellers can't FEEDBACK.

Some people really take the micky with that.

...and you can Parcel2go upto 25kg for £7.

Its 8 single items of baby clothes, all 0-3 or 3-6 months. Understandably sellers probably a bit miffed they all sold for 99p each as they are all new, and I'd be fine with even a slight postage discount. She now seems to be flat out refusing to do any. It will probably cost her 2.70 to send via royal mail first class, and if she packaged carefully enough she could probably even get away with a large letter stamp, with them being so small and light. I'm not paying 20 quid just on the principle. She hasn't opened the dispute just yet, just threatened to twice now and still not sent an invoice!

As you say, half a kilo first class post is £2.70. Add a large jiffy bag - that should be a fiver in total tops - and that's being really generous.

I'd email them back through eBay and give them your findings. Ask them for another reasonable price for postage - I would have though a fiver was ideal - anything over a tenner is taking the you know what.

Its 8 single items of baby clothes, all 0-3 or 3-6 months. Understandably sellers probably a bit miffed they all sold for 99p each as they are all new, and I'd be fine with even a slight postage discount. She now seems to be flat out refusing to do any. It will probably cost her 2.70 to send via royal mail first class, and if she packaged carefully enough she could probably even get away with a large letter stamp, with them being so small and light. I'm not paying 20 quid just on the principle. She hasn't opened the dispute just yet, just threatened to twice now and still not sent an invoice!

http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder that's the royal mail site for prices

Defo take it to Ebay, seller is taking the liberties...

I've sold stuff on there often, and if I end up overcharging by accident. I refund the difference on the postage paid to postage used.

Don't let them get away with it.

Archived