Should poor people really have children?

It's irrisponsible to have children when you can't provide for them. So in this respect poor people (or anyone) should think about it deeply.

I would'nt have children in the world we live in now.

---------- Post added 03-03-2013 at 13:01 ----------

it is most definatly a human right to have children.....but not at the expense of others, but then the ones that bang on about rights usually contribute the least.

It's a human right but you have a moral responsiblity to look after them, not the state or anyone else.

In short, yes. I believe it's a human right to have children.

Its nice to have beliefs.

Its an advantage to be able to pay for them yourself though.

Tell me, i accept you feel its your right, but if you cant pay for it who in your opinion should?

Raising them to be financially independent of both their parents and the state.

At what age should they become independent of their parents?

And should their parents remain independent of them?

---------- Post added 03-03-2013 at 13:05 ----------

Its nice to have beliefs.

Its an advantage to be able to pay for them yourself though.

Tell me, i accept you feel its your right, but if you cant pay for it who in your opinion should?

We should all contribute to raising healthy, well-educated children. They are quite literally our future.

I just can't abide people who pop em out because they get more money. They make it worse for the people who really need help.

This is different to being in a relationship and then suddenly becoming single or suddenly having a drop of income - we should help people like that.

---------- Post added 03-03-2013 at 13:08 ----------

At what age should they become independent of their parents?

And should their parents remain independent of them?

---------- Post added 03-03-2013 at 13:05 ----------

We should all contribute to raising healthy, well-educated children. They are quite literally our future.

Why should I contribute to anyone else's children? its your decision to have them, your responsibility to pay for them and care for them.

In short, yes. I believe it's a human right to have children.

Absolutely true. yes it is a human right to have a child. You can have 10 if you so choose.

However, it is not a human right for a state to continually fund someone's breading habit. Therefore, IMO a cap child benefit to 2 children is a brilliant idea.

If you CHOOSE to have more children or you are silly enough not to use protection because you cant keep your legs closed, then that's your problem. You bread it. You pay for it.

Hows that sound? Everyone is happy then.

I just can't abide people who pop em out because they get more money. They make it worse for the people who really need help.

This is different to being in a relationship and then suddenly becoming single or suddenly having a drop of income - we should help people like that.

Are you sure you're not getting yourself into a tizzy about a problem that isn't really significant?

Where is your evidence for this poor white trash baby factory, apart from in the Dail Mail?

And if you have any serious evidence can you tell us what percentage of the annual benefit spend it accounts for?

---------- Post added 03-03-2013 at 13:11 ----------

Absolutely true. yes it is a human right to have a child. You can have 10 if you so choose.

However, it is not a human right for a state to continually fund someone's breading habit. Therefore, IMO a cap child benefit to 2 children is a brilliant idea.

If you CHOOSE to have more children or you are silly enough not to use protection because you cant keep your legs closed, then that's your problem. You bread it. You pay for it.

Hows that sound? Everyone is happy then.

You make children sound like some sort of escalope

---------- Post added 03-03-2013 at 13:14 ----------

Why should I contribute to anyone else's children? its your decision to have them, your responsibility to pay for them and care for them.

Because we need future generations to work in the economy. For example, when you're old you may need them to clean your backside.

That's why.

Are you sure you're not getting yourself into a tizzy about a problem that isn't really significant?

Where is your evidence for this poor white trash baby factory, apart from in the Dail Mail?

And if you have any serious evidence can you tell us what percentage of the annual benefit spend it accounts for?

I don't read the daily mail. I'm saying why should those that understand the financial / personal responsiblities of having children but don't have them because of this understanding, then have to pay for anyone else's who pops them out without regard.

---------- Post added 03-03-2013 at 13:18 ----------

Because we need future generations to work in the economy. For example, when you're old you may need them to clean your backside.

That's why.

In that case I'll have a couple of kids and send you the bill. 200k should cover it. How'd you feel about that?

I don't read the daily mail. I'm saying why should those that understand the financial / personal responsiblities of having children but don't have them because of this understanding, then have to pay for anyone else's who pops them out without regard.

But how many people are doing what you describe? You seem insistent that it's a problem but where is your evidence? Just provide some. It can't be that difficult.

So you're in a nice secure relationship, you get married and all is well with your world. You are comfortably well off and decide the time is right now to start your family. Two babies later and one of you's world comes crashing down when your other half decides to branch out and form a life with someone else.Oh dear, now what:?: Can't push the children back where they came from, can't afford to get a child minder, can't afford to live basically..... Can't get any money from the absent parent......but then, that could help solve some of the problems. Time they got a bit more serious with THAT aspect of things in my opinion......

Archived