Easter Sunday Trading Law

Have a look on the council website for the telephone number of the swimming baths you want to go to. I suspect the swimming baths will be closed.

Most larger stores, such as Waitrose, Sainsbubs John Lewis, Debenhams, are closed, as are DIY places (B&Q etc). I believe the law says stores over a certain square-footage are not permitted to open on Easter Sunday.

It's mostly corner shops that are open on Easter Sunday.

My suspicions were wrong, Ponds Forge opens at 10.30 AM on Easter Sunday, and Hillsboro opens at 0900.

---------- Post added 02-03-2013 at 19:29 ----------

Easter Sunday was the busiest day of the year when I worked at Halfrauds, same for DIY places. There's no law against opening Easter Sunday.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

there are laws restricting opening on Easter Sunday!

Shops over 280 square metres:

can open on Sundays but only for 6 consecutive hours between 10am and 6pm

must close on Easter Sunday

must close on Christmas Day

Shops exempt from the Sunday trading restrictions for large shops include:

airport and railway station outlets

service station outlets

registered pharmacies selling only medicinal products and medical and surgical appliances

farms selling mainly their own produce

outlets wholly or mainly selling motor or bicycle supplies and accessories

suppliers of goods to aircraft or sea-going vessels on arrival at, or departure from, a port, harbour or airport

exhibition stands selling goods

https://www.gov.uk/trading-hours-for-retailers-the-law

Easter Sunday was the busiest day of the year when I worked at Halfrauds, same for DIY places. There's no law against opening Easter Sunday.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

You are wrong, I worked at a D.I.Y store for 11 years and we were never allowed to open on Easter Sunday and the law still applies to large stores.

Archived