Easter Sunday Trading Law

Quote:

Originally Posted by biotechpete

Easter Sunday was the busiest day of the year when I worked at Halfrauds, same for DIY places. There's no law against opening Easter Sunday.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

You are wrong, I worked at a D.I.Y store for 11 years and we were never allowed to open on Easter Sunday and the law still applies to large stores.

I stand corrected, not sure how we got away with it, but deffo open on Easter Sunday, as was the homebase on the same retail park.

Isnt it about time this stupid law is changed. Ive never agreed with the restricted opening hrs on sundays either. The is no reason for it.

As someone who works in a big shop thats effected by the sunday trading laws for many years, i believe they should firmly stay inplace. No one ever thinks of the employees in these shops, getting abuse from some customers who want unreasonable thinks. Knowing on sunday you can go to work relatively late and able to go home relatively early is a nice benefit, which is only 1 day of the week. Allows these workers to actually see family and be guarenteed 1 evening to sit down with family/friends and have a dinner or social event

I stand corrected, not sure how we got away with it, but deffo open on Easter Sunday, as was the homebase on the same retail park.

by it being before 1994?

As someone who works in a big shop thats effected by the sunday trading laws for many years, i believe they should firmly stay inplace. No one ever thinks of the employees in these shops, getting abuse from some customers who want unreasonable thinks. Knowing on sunday you can go to work relatively late and able to go home relatively early is a nice benefit, which is only 1 day of the week. Allows these workers to actually see family and be guarenteed 1 evening to sit down with family/friends and have a dinner or social event

what about people who work in smaller stores and open hrs like 6am till midnight on sundays, do you think that is fair,why should larger shops be any different

what about people who work in smaller stores and open hrs like 6am till midnight on sundays, do you think that is fair,why should larger shops be any different

those are usually staffed by their owners, so they have a choice whether to work or not

Archived