Queens road tram sheds

On queens Rd where the Nettos was build now Asda used to be the tram sheds of Sheffield Corporation Tramways . above the entrance this was enscribed on a huge stone lintel

does anyone know if this was ever saved when the sheds were flattened about 1990

Always seemed to be a stunning feature to be disguarded or were they saved like the city hall lions

• 1 month later...

Does DenisGwild, remember the golden arm we used on the plant section?

I bet simmo had reflections on one when a bus entered Greenland road the wrong way and he got out on the top deck 3 seats along and calmly walked down stairs and got off, did he ever finish them new lights? (Sorry to hear about Pecker) was a good leading hand and good bloke.:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 17:20 ----------

Hi Dennis, Ade again cannot send you a private message as I have not got 5 insertions yet

So this will have to do. Like to meet up one day say in Gypsey Queen or Crystal peaks and talk about the old days, if you want, I have your number I will call soon to arrange a meet

Would like to know we're Mick Froggatt is and is Jim Wilby still on the planet, saw Alan Ryalls a couple of years ago in B Q at Worksop he had put on a lot of weight but could not get to speak to him as he was on is way out as I was coming in. I left in 85 and moved from Crookes to Kiveton Park been here all the time and met 4 ex queens rd lads who live here. Will be in touch, all the best for now Ade

• 2 months later...

Archived