Wincobank WMC closing

3dogman

Been going in the Hartley House near on 40 years as a boy with my grandad and being member at 18. Over the years I suppose it's gone downhill a bit. When I payed my subs last Sunday I had a looked in the concert room and it looked a bit grotty. The beer is £1.70 a pint which is a bit steep when you compare it to the New Broom pub we go in, £1.30 a pint but some people would'nt pay 13p for a pint of Sam Smith's soveriegn. The old club should be ok as the Horseshoe has gone and the Sicey has closed down.
What!!!! the Sicey's gone i'm amazed...I new the Horseshoe had gone co's I went to the funeral..40 years ago I'd have never thought that the Hartley House Club would have outlived them...An old mate of mine from childhood days called David Cartlidge used to be a member at Hartley House...Is he still around???.

The end of an era. I haven't been in since I was a kid back in 1973. My dad used to take us in the bar, where he played crash with his mates. Sometimes we'd go into the concert room, where I used to watch the local groups playing, or comedains, while gazing up at the ever present smokescreen, hovering just above my head.

They used to do a club trip to Mablethorpe too. I can recall there must have been around fifteen to twenty coaches full used to go. Was there also a football pitch at the side of the club?

Shame! :(

Yes. answer too short.....

Aww no! :( Couple of years ago I was at a party on Fife Street and I ran out of fags twice and nipped over there and everyone was really friendly. The second time it was about 2.30and they had closed the doors so they served me through the letter box!

(I should point out that I did quit when I found out I was expecting :D)

The end of an era. I haven't been in since I was a kid back in 1973. My dad used to take us in the bar, where he played crash with his mates. Sometimes we'd go into the concert room, where I used to watch the local groups playing, or comedains, while gazing up at the ever present smokescreen, hovering just above my head.

They used to do a club trip to Mablethorpe too. I can recall there must have been around fifteen to twenty coaches full used to go. Was there also a football pitch at the side of the club?

Shame! :(

Co-op football ground - nice pitches - now got lego houses on it.

When I lived in Wincobank I never went inside, never really had the urge to actually. It has always looked run down from the outside so I for one won't be sad to see it go. I'm sure Moore will build something more pleasing to the eye as he has done all over wincobank recently. The sad thing is that there has never been a decent pub in Wincobank so one less won't make much difference.

When I lived in Wincobank I never went inside, never really had the urge to actually. It has always looked run down from the outside so I for one won't be sad to see it go. I'm sure Moore will build something more pleasing to the eye as he has done all over wincobank recently. The sad thing is that there has never been a decent pub in Wincobank so one less won't make much difference.

NEVER been a decent pub in Wincobank awwwwwwwww ally68 what about the Dallas Bar:suspect::D

The Foundry is ok now though:D

NEVER been a decent pub in Wincobank awwwwwwwww ally68 what about the Dallas Bar:suspect::D

The Foundry is ok now though:D

I was too young to go in the Dallas Bar :D . My sister and brother used to work there and they used to have a laugh. Barrow House....need I say more?

Archived