My Cover Letters

I will re-post another version soon with some actual examples on.

In terms of key words like team work, communication blah blah blah...

What are the most essential points to expand on that employers are looking for today, say 5 key words?

---------- Post added 05-03-2013 at 19:58 ----------

Rite, here it is complete with examples, I can do no more...

The position you have advertised for the role of Menswear Sales Assistant is of great interest to me, I believe that I would be an excellent fit within your organisation based on your impressive mission statement and the quality of products you produce.

I am currently seeking work within your organisation as it matches my previous retail experience, which was gained at Sheffield Co-operative Society and Comet Electrical Stores. Further customer facing experience was gained at Cybercentre Amusements and The Vox Centre, where I enjoyed interacting with others and serving customers.

As an excellent team player, I enjoyed working with others on various departments by getting on well with people at all levels. Having effective communication skills, I have often resolved many issues by being fair yet assertive and was always commended at The Co-op for my problem solving skills. I showed excellent timekeeping and reliability by ensuring outlets were open for trade, where my hard work and initiative was valued.

Being flexible and eager to learn, I can start work immediately and am more than happy to have additional training, should it be required. I have enclosed a copy of my curriculum vitae for your consideration and am available for interview at any time.

I will re-post another version soon with some actual examples on.

In terms of key words like team work, communication blah blah blah...

What are the most essential points to expand on that employers are looking for today, say 5 key words?

---------- Post added 05-03-2013 at 19:58 ----------

Rite, here it is complete with examples, I can do no more...

The position you have advertised for the role of Menswear Sales Assistant is of great interest to me, I believe that I would be an excellent fit within your organisation based on your impressive mission statement and the quality of products you produce.

I am currently seeking work within your organisation as it matches my previous retail experience, which was gained at Sheffield Co-operative Society and Comet Electrical Stores. Further customer facing experience was gained at Cybercentre Amusements and The Vox Centre, where I enjoyed interacting with others and serving customers.

As an excellent team player, I enjoyed working with others on various departments by getting on well with people at all levels. Having effective communication skills, I have often resolved many issues by being fair yet assertive and was always commended at The Co-op for my problem solving skills. I showed excellent timekeeping and reliability by ensuring outlets were open for trade, where my hard work and initiative was valued.

Being flexible and eager to learn, I can start work immediately and am more than happy to have additional training, should it be required. I have enclosed a copy of my curriculum vitae for your consideration and am available for interview at any time.

no, just simply copy and paste the one that was done for you before - unless you actually are Roy Cropper.

Here is the final version, it says everything I want to say any way...

I am currently seeking work within your organisation as it matches my previous retail experience, which was gained at The Co-op, Comet Electricals and at various charity stores. Further customer facing experience was gained at Cybercentre Amusements and The Vox Centre, where I enjoyed interacting with others and serving customers.

As an excellent team player, I have had good alliances with others in various roles by getting on well with people at all levels. Having effective communication skills, I have helped resolve many issues by being diplomatic and was always commended at The Co-op for my problem solving skills. I showed excellent timekeeping and reliability by ensuring outlets were open for trade, where my hard work and initiative added value.

I am currently seeking work within your organisation as it matches my previous retail experience, which was gained at The Co-op, Comet Electricals and at various charity stores. Further customer facing experience was gained at Cybercentre Amusements and The Vox Centre, where I enjoyed interacting with others and serving customers.

As an excellent team player, I had successful relationships with others on various departments by getting on well with people at all levels. Having effective communication skills, I have helped resolve many issues by being diplomatic and was always commended at The Co-op for my problem solving skills. I showed excellent timekeeping and reliability by ensuring outlets were open for trade, where my hard work and initiative added value.Being flexible and eager to learn, I can start work immediately and am more than happy to have additional training, should it be required. I have enclosed a copy of my curriculum vitae for your consideration and am available for interview at any time.

All the parts highlighted in red should be on your CV not in covering letter because its superfluous in a covering letter

As an excellent team player, I have had good alliances with others in various roles by getting on well with people at all levels. Having effective communication skills, I have helped resolve many issues by being diplomatic and was always commended at The Co-op for my problem solving skills. I showed excellent timekeeping and reliability by ensuring outlets were open for trade, where my hard work and initiative added value.

it sounds like an edwardian actor doing Shakespeare.

forsooth, verily I beseech thee for a job

Here is my cut down Spec Letter, how does this sound?

I write to you with vested interest to be considered for any customer facing positions you may have, which can provide me with Part-Time work on a permanent basis.

I am currently seeking work within your organisation as it matches my previous retail experience. I am hard working and reliable, with excellent team playing and problem solving skills. My excellent social skills imply I can get on well with people at all levels.

Here is my cut down Spec Letter, how does this sound?

I write to you with vested interest to be considered for any customer facing positions you may have, which can provide me with Part-Time work on a permanent basis.

I am currently seeking work within your organisation as it matches my previous retail experience. I am hard working and reliable, with excellent team playing and problem solving skills. My excellent social skills imply I can get on well with people at all levels.

no, no, no

Archived