Cardinal O'Brien admits improper conduct

cardinal keith o brien, top catholic in the UK, stonewall's 'bigot of the year', the man who has been outspoken about the risk of gay rights to the fabric of society is gay (which is fine) and has a record of abusing young men in his employment (which isn't).

last week he wasn't gay or predatory and was going to sue - this week he is gay and predatory and very sorry.

as an atheist brought up catholic this is no surprise to me - are there any practising left footers out there who can comment on how this plays in the local churches?

should o brien be in the dock for sex offences? excommunicated? it'll take more than 3 hail mary's and a glory be to get out of this one.

An nonce in the catholic church?

Who'd have thought it :roll:

Some estimates put the catherlic clergy at as much as 50% gay. If men were gay and catherlic, signing-up for priesthood was an opportunity to be able to express themselves and meet like-minded men whilst being a complete hypocrite. If they were into children, then it must have been like christmas all year round.

• 2 weeks later...
I watched Steven Fry at some Catholic debate along with Anne Widdicombe, what a speaker! He tore into the Catholics and what they stand for. Not only are the Brothers, Fathers vile, some of the nuns were just as bad in a different cruel way.

I saw that debate too, and he pointed out its the only religion so obsessed with sex! abortion, contraception, homeosexuality and look at all the perverts being shielded buy this so called church, sickening!

Archived