Washing machine help

I had a John Lewis own brand machine fault aged 2 1/2 yes. Rang JL to check g'tee period, told 2yr (grrrr). Booked authorised service agent for the brand instead of random one, and when he looked at the serial number, he insisted that it HAD to be in g'tee. He knew the date of manufacture, and these have a 3yr g'tee

Fantastic! He saved me a fortune, as it was a technical write off!

How glad am I that I had the authorised engineer? :shocked:

Yep, I got an E11 code, which after googling appears to point to a motor problem. I'm currently hunting out the receipt so I can see exactly when it was purchased.

If you get no joy message me as I think I may have a motor for this washer. The motors I believe are quite universal. And as Fudbeer has mentioned they are not the most reliable of machines.

http://www.4beko.co.uk/washing-machine/motor/product.pl?pid=2017480&path=495970:496360&refine=motor

http://www.4beko.co.uk/washing-machine/carbon-brush/product.pl?pid=1961833&path=495970:496360&refine=motor

I know this may sound a little dumb but have you checked the belt? Sometimes if you over load with washing the motor struggles to turn the drum and kicks the belt off of burn through because of friction.

Think you may have a tough time.

Doubt you will get any joy from Beko I used to work for Currys and in my experience Beko's customer service is pretty poor,also their w/machines were one of the less reliable and I never recommended them.

Your contract is actually with the retailer who will probably request you get an engineers report at your own cost which they may or may not fefund depending on what it says.

Good luck anyway be interested to hear how you get on.

their customer service line will probably be choked with callers for the fridge freezer product recall too

All fixed, thanks to good old Ace domestics :) seemed much quicker and easier than faffing around with old bank statements as I couldn't find where I'd put the receipt :blush:

It was the carbon brush thingys, they'd completely had it. I must use my machine too much :hihi:

Archived